gross clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mandy_moo_64

Reaction score
With all this talk of disgusting clients who spit on you accidentally it's brought to mind something that happened to me a few months ago ..........
I work in a tanning salon doing nails and I also do tooth crystals. One day this lady came in and asked me if I could put her a tooth gem on,so of course i said yes, and before i could stop her, she took her top set of teeth out , put them on my desk, and said ''oh that's great.can you put me one on whilst i'm in the sunbed?i'm in a bit of a rush and it'll save time!" And she was serious!!!!

Trying to keep my face straight,i had to explain to her that it wasn't advisable to put them on dentures,as the adhesive doesn't work as well as it does on natural teeth.... so she picked her teeth up from my desk, and put them back in her mouth and went on her sunbed !!!
Can anyone beat this for total and utter grossness?!!

OMG!! I can't belive someone would do this!! Most persons i know that use a denture don't like anyone knowing, and i just keep imagining that lady going on her way to the sunbead with her gums sticking out!! LOL

mandy_moo_64 said:
With all this talk of disgusting clients who spit on you accidentally it's brought to mind something that happened to me a few months ago ..........
I work in a tanning salon doing nails and I also do tooth crystals. One day this lady came in and asked me if I could put her a tooth gem on,so of course i said yes, and before i could stop her, she took her top set of teeth out , put them on my desk, and said ''oh that's great.can you put me one on whilst i'm in the sunbed?i'm in a bit of a rush and it'll save time!" And she was serious!!!!

Trying to keep my face straight,i had to explain to her that it wasn't advisable to put them on dentures,as the adhesive doesn't work as well as it does on natural teeth.... so she picked her teeth up from my desk, and put them back in her mouth and went on her sunbed !!!
Can anyone beat this for total and utter grossness?!!

GROSS GROSS GROSS

What more can i say..............that is soooooooooooooooo funny Herman will find it funny as he is a denal technician
Amanda

OMG i have a tooth gem to do tommorrow sure a hell hope that doesnt happen to me !!!! ;)

oh i dont know how someone could do that, must'nt have got embarresed easily, i hate false teeth, they scare the living *&&* outta me,dunno why they just do lol :eek:

Well, I was feeling a bit tired n fed up today, but this thread has done it for me. I can't stop laughing!!

About 7 or 8 years ago, I had an experience that almost made me FREAK.

Back then, I didn't do Consultations before a service.. and had a new pedi client booked...

In she came, walking right through the front door.. (key=walking)

I showed her to my Pedi room. Placed her purse on the table next to the pedi chair. She chose her polish, and I had her sit down and get comfortable and remove her shoes and socks while I went to get her footbath....

I come back. She's sitting there relaxing, eyes already closed, and I notice that she only took off one shoe and sock. So I place the footbath down, and nicely tell her she forgot to take the other shoe and sock off....

She looks at me, and says "Oh, I wanted to make sure this was ok..." and...

SHE PULLED OFF HER SHOE AND

HER WHOLE LOWER LEG CAME WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

I almost died. :o

She pulled up her pant leg, and as sweet as pie nicely asked me- would you mind rubbing here-- and she points to the (sorry, but as nice as I can put it--) 'stump' where her lower leg had been amputated! :eek:

I am sure I must have (innocently and embarrasingly) had my mouth dropped open to the floor......

and as quick as I could, I politely said- "Oh, I am sorry, I didn't realize- I will try to massage the area as best I can..."

NEARLY FAINTED when it came time to massage that area........

I shudder just thinking about that experience................... :) :o

omg , i feel so sorry for people who have had some thing amputated it must be awful , but i think they do forget that most people arnt used to dealing with stuff like that , but you sound like you handled it well , i think they would've had to scrape me up off the floor lol , i am not good with stuff like that i freak if i cut my finger !!

My false teeth experience just pales into insignificance next to that!!!!!

I have to say my story is no where near as bad. I am mobile so you take your chances sometimes. One bad day i had was when i went to a client who had 3 children. They kept picking up my tips and mixing them up, taking files as i was about to use them then i'd just got ready to do my L&P when the boy picked up my white pot with white powder in it and sniffed then sneezed in one movement before i could stop him. This made the contents of my dish to go over his mum and me.

Finally after this, despite me keep saying please leave my stuff alone, their mum then told them to get out and go and play. Finally i thought all clear, then just as i'd finished putting the L&P on all ten nails, she suddenly got up, i thought to go to the toilet or something, but then i watched in disbelief as she made a sarnie and started to eat it.

I then said, i'm sorry but you really shouldn't eat untill your nails are completely finished as it's not hygienic. She just said not to worry, she couldn't care, i then said after finishing her nails that i would only do nails from home for her so if she wanted to continue she would have to come to me, WITHOUT the kids. Funnily enough she is now my best client and i think respects what i say. You get alsorts in this industry.

I did have to prize some dry 'bogey' from under one of my regular clients's nails once!!! This was after I had asked her to wash here hands!

totally disgusting.............

a sarnie, thats nothing ! one of my clients wanted to drink a can of special brew while i did her nails last week. it was only lunchtime too, she couldnt wait to get it open, but i made her hang on till i finished, then i had to open the can so she didnt trash her nails !! :lol:

As Lily mentioned earlier, among other things i'am a Dental Technician and I have had the following event happen to me on several occasions.

a patient comes in and asks if you can fix a tooth back on, that has droped off thier denture. "of course i can, do you have the tooth and denture?" say i offering out my hand. The patient then removes the denture from thier mouth along with 1 gallon of saliva, denture fixative and the remnants of the Kellogs corn flakes they had for breakfast. (in my job, that part of the story is not the gross bit). After stopping myself from vomiting i then offer out my other hand to recieve the tooth that has come of the denture. the client then places the tooth in my hand. All seems well, i check that the tooth fits back in place, advise the client of the cost and the time required to do the repair. Then as the client is on thier way out the door they happen to say "i swollowed that tooth you know!.....it took 2 days to come through!"

Ill leave you to think about that........the word's "sieve" and "tea strainer" come to mind

I hope you were wearing your latex gloves at the time, Herman!!!!

Doesn't bear thinkiing about .... I'm sat here cringing for you or should i say weeing myself with laughing !!!

oh my god!!! absoloutley lmao at that, how can people be so disgusting, uurgh , i feel really sick now :sad: , i dont know how you do that job herman ,

You guys are too much my sides ache from laughing, I can not even compete with these, counting my good fortune...lmao :green:

Herman said:
As Lily mentioned earlier, among other things i'am a Dental Technician and I have had the following event happen to me on several occasions.

a patient comes in and asks if you can fix a tooth back on, that has droped off thier denture. "of course i can, do you have the tooth and denture?" say i offering out my hand. The patient then removes the denture from thier mouth along with 1 gallon of saliva, denture fixative and the remnants of the Kellogs corn flakes they had for breakfast. (in my job, that part of the story is not the gross bit). After stopping myself from vomiting i then offer out my other hand to recieve the tooth that has come of the denture. the client then places the tooth in my hand. All seems well, i check that the tooth fits back in place, advise the client of the cost and the time required to do the repair. Then as the client is on thier way out the door they happen to say "i swollowed that tooth you know!.....it took 2 days to come through!"

Ill leave you to think about that........the word's "sieve" and "tea strainer" come to mind
I must state that Herman only comes near me with latex gloves on and i make sure he gives his hands a good scrub too......................i cant believe some people are soooooooooooooooo disgusting
Amanda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back