Groupon cheap deals!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eternalscot

Reaction score
I do permanent make up and today there was a deal for any treatment £99 including the two appointments. I have checked they don't have a council licence (legal requirement in Scotland) and they have no pictures of their own work. How can they do it so cheap? Between needle cost £20-£40 per treatment as I think it is good to use two for making hairstrokes neat, insurance, council licence, sharps collections, pigments, disposables, recouping cost of training, anaesthetic (£50 for tag now) the list goes on and on. I have had two cancelations now, booked for their cheapy deal instead. Groupon should not be doing them if they are working illegally and unlicensed cheapens my profession, rant over!

If they have to have a council licence and haven't the council will shut them down simple don't worry! It will only be a matter of time before the council find out

I've actually reported them to the council, but damage done already. Everyone will think that is a fair price and I'm fleecing them, which I'm not.

I've actually reported them to the council, but damage done already. Everyone will think that is a fair price and I'm fleecing them, which I'm not.

Have you reported them to Groupon they are quite strict when it comes to things and they would refund all the customer and cancel the deal when all the thing came about the garra rufa fish came about they stopped doing any deals for them

Sorry pressed send before I had finished I have a contact number for Groupon if you want I can give it to you!

I don't think you need to worry about people thinking you're fleecing them. There aren't that many people who would even know about the groupon deal plus the ones who do know about it know that it's exactly what it is ,a deal!.

Certain things on groupon are 90% cheaper,or so it states, so it stands to reason that your prices are at the going rate and not at some sort of special offer like groupon. I'm sure people will do a price compare with other salons who carry out the same treatments as you,not with groupon?

Also tbh if I were having my semi permanent makeup done I would want to see a portfolio of the therapists work and or would go on recommendation. I certainly wouldn't ever have say my eyeliner done or eyebrows by someone just because it was a special offer on groupon.

Thank you so much for your replies and yes please I would like Groupon number to call them.

I think that with something like Semi permanent makeup you'd have to be mad to use a groupon deal......ok you have a cheap facial and its not great, or a poor set of gel nails done...not the end of the world, you chalk it down to experience and dont go back....have a bad SPM and thats it, your stuck with it till it fades...if I were you I would go the other way, stick to your prices and explain why, I bet your clients that have left you to go have the deal will soon be back asking you to sort them out. Quality and professionalism always wins in the end!
xxx

I'm getting more and more tempted to have my eyeliner done but I can promise you I would NEVER even think about going to a groupon place unless it was one I had checked out first anyway... massage - fine, nails - maybe, cut and colour - unlikely but again... might... something that involves NEEDLES and will be with me for 2 years (maybe longer if they mess up...) NOT A BLOOMING CHANCE! I'd be doing some serious research just like I did before I chose my tattoo artist :) Not only someone I trust but someone who's art I have seen and know the quality of :)

The customers who go to the other place will soon regret it and you know the customers you want (the ones doing the right research) will still come to you :)

You also have to be careful about the SPMU sites that DO have a portfolio - or a few shots at least - but they are STOCK photos.

It really pees me off when I see pics of lips and brows that come straight from the 'Training' school sites. When you've seen them a few times you can spot them a mile off....

Ditto goes for tattoo removal.....Grrrr!

You also have to be careful about the SPMU sites that DO have a portfolio - or a few shots at least - but they are STOCK photos.

It really pees me off when I see pics of lips and brows that come straight from the 'Training' school sites. When you've seen them a few times you can spot them a mile off....

Ditto goes for tattoo removal.....Grrrr!

I know I always think what a con!

Latest posts

Back