Groupon, have you tried it, what are your thoughts & opinions please?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for taking the time to get back to me. I just cannot see how I can make it work! I think I might contact some of the other social networking comp other than groupon......

I think you have to see it purely as a form of advertising.

Im planning on doing a CND man & ped and ET facial which is normally around £94 sell it for around £40 then hopefully with KGB or living social taking their cut i should hope to get £20 of that. If i sell 100 thats £2000 which would be a massive boost to my business and will reinvest that.

Had a call from Living Social, going to speak to them properly tomorrow.

Take it up directly with Groupon.

The issue is that salons don't limit the number of vouchers sold so they get over run. And of course Groupon don't really tell them this - they want their money!

Mat

Groupon were really good with me, although our adverts haven't gone live yet. They told me to up the prices on my website+to work out how many treatments we could comfortably do over the advert period. We offer loads of different services so we're hoping people will book in for them whilst having their Groupon treatment. (fingers crossed!)

Doing a Livingsocial next week! I'm very, very quiet at the mo! to a point where my part timer who works 24 contracted hours per week is literally spending half of that doing nothing - which she hates and I do too!!! we've cleaned the salon till we can't clean no more!!!

So my only reasons for doing it are, to get a bit of money in the bank, to get a bit of advertising, and hopefully get a few repeat clients!

One word of warning, my rep told me I would get 50% of my money in 10 days (after the deal date) then 50% of it after 30 days. When my contract was sent to me it stated '50% will be paid after 30 days, 30% after 90 days, 20% after 180 days!!!! I queried this as was not happy and was told, this has recently changed and is now set in stone so can't be changed.

I've no idea how many will sell??? but I happened to have a call from KGB today who would have done exactly the same deal, same price, same commission, but paid me 50% 10 days and 50% 30 days so I only wish I hadn't signed LivingSocial contract so I could go with KGB!!

This proves it really does pay to do your research!!

We will see what happens!!
:confused:

I used Groupon, great in quiet times
60% after a good deal
5% bloody moan! pain in the ass
35% Stayed and mainly come back on our offer emails

I tried another salon local to me featured on groupon, (not knowing i was a salon owner)she didnt hand me a pricelist, discount off next treatment, nothing.
whereas i gave a discount off next treatment card valid for 3 months with pricelist, took their email address sold product.

if you use groupon correctly and make other money out of the clients GREAT
If you dont........... Pointless advertising out of the initial money you get.
Good Luck
But if you are in the right catchment area use KGB Deals
you get more back from them, unfortunatley im not in the correct area to do KGB but i know someone who used them FAB XX

Hey Mandy
Text me when yours goes live, Ill come for one!
Kxx
Doing a Livingsocial next week! I'm very, very quiet at the mo! to a point where my part timer who works 24 contracted hours per week is literally spending half of that doing nothing - which she hates and I do too!!! we've cleaned the salon till we can't clean no more!!!

So my only reasons for doing it are, to get a bit of money in the bank, to get a bit of advertising, and hopefully get a few repeat clients!

One word of warning, my rep told me I would get 50% of my money in 10 days (after the deal date) then 50% of it after 30 days. When my contract was sent to me it stated '50% will be paid after 30 days, 30% after 90 days, 20% after 180 days!!!! I queried this as was not happy and was told, this has recently changed and is now set in stone so can't be changed.

I've no idea how many will sell??? but I happened to have a call from KGB today who would have done exactly the same deal, same price, same commission, but paid me 50% 10 days and 50% 30 days so I only wish I hadn't signed LivingSocial contract so I could go with KGB!!

This proves it really does pay to do your research!!

We will see what happens!!
:confused:

Iv just opened my salon and thinking of using KGB as iv heard these offer a better rate. Just wondering what treatment you put on your offer? I was thinking of doing £10 for a spray tan (iv worked it out and a tan only costs me £2 to do) any ideas would be great. xx

they all make money for doing very little ! we have to put the hours in for next to nothing ... ill never do treatments . only retail goods is the way forward with deals ! buy bulk sell on deals! no customer involvement just post the goods! simples!

Latest posts

Back