Growing nails for the first time

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

changedespair

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

After many years of wanting to grow my nails, I finally decided to give it a go. I've been letting them grow for about six months so far, and they're the longest they've ever been. I've always kept my nails very clean and tidy, and regularly moisturise my hands/cuticles. I also paint my nails every now and then (usually clear or light pink polishes) but having nails this long is all quite new to me. I'm absolutely loving the length they're at, but I'm terrified of breaking a nail. Does anybody have any tips to help keep them long and strong, and avoid breakages etc?

Thanks

Simon

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    430.1 KB · Views: 44
I recognise that picture, you've posted before. I might forget a name but I never forget a set of nails

Last edited:
Must have been back when they were shorter.

I keep overlay on my natural nail when long to give strength this can be good for you if you have not done yet. Keep nail painted maybe at least clear to help to protect top layer little bit and no stain.
To care your long nail is same as aftercare instruction for clients.
Use gloves when you do garden or cleaning and dont use your nail for helping open thing and put the cuticle oil.
If you have problem with breaking natural weak nail keratin supplement like hair and nail vitamin can help some people but also strengthening base and top coat can help but it will not do amazing if you have very weak nail it is better for client who have only little weakness in my experiences and I like better gel overlay for client who have weaker nail but like to grow out.

Latest posts

Back