growing out damaged nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Posh Paws

Reaction score
I have been reading a thread recently and wondered if anyone could tell me how long it does actually take to grow out damaged nails ?

i too was always a guinepig for training purposes .... i have recently removed my enhancements ready for my nails to face it alone...!
unfortunatly what i know now is not what i knew then with regards to filing..
so nails are quiet damaged ....
how long will it actually take to grow my natural nails to a state that they can be admired ... and is it bad for business to parade bad nails?
i am guessing it probably is but i would really like a french overlay and have normal natural nails for once !!

thanks

It depends on your nail growth i spose.. for me, its been a nightmare!! Self inflicted damage that you can see.. In fact you can see my progress as a training nail tech, from the epichonicium to the free edge it goes lovely, loveleish, bad, very bad, terrible!! When i do enhancements i just fill the dents and cover up as much as i can.. Im about 6 months down the track now.. think i may have about 3 more months to go before my nail plate is nice again... but then my nails grow very slow!!!:irked:

:green:

Eponychium to hyponychium 4-6 months depending on your rate of growth... but thats only if you stop damaging them lol I would wear enhancments in natural colours and do your nails your self.. that way you know you wont damage them (learn a light hand)

Will defo take around 6 months to replace a nail completely. I would still have an overlay to protect what you have, then use a good cuticle oil every day at least once to help with nourishing your nails.

You don't have to go naked to let them grow out.

I have a client who came to me from another tech. She has her own nails and has a natural overlay of clear gel for strength. She noticed that she had the file marks in the shape of rings growing down from her cuticle area.

Since i have been doing them, the rings are growing down leaving lovely healthy nail growing. My client can't believe the difference. It has been about four months and they are nearly completely renewed, i think another month and they will be fine. She regularly uses cuticle oil and wears gloves for everything, so TLC helps a hell of a lot.

Eponychium to hyponychium 4-6 months depending on your rate of growth... but thats only if you stop damaging them lol I would wear enhancments in natural colours and do your nails your self.. that way you know you wont damage them (learn a light hand)

i have recently been doing my own lol ..... but i have a tendency to keep removing them :eek::eek::eek: i have ripped my baby finger nail to the core through splitting and catching it all nails are very weak and very scorned by the e file:eek:

at least there is light at the end of the tunnel 4 - 6 months my nails grow quiet fast if they dont split !!

thanks for info xx

Will defo take around 6 months to replace a nail completely. I would still have an overlay to protect what you have, then use a good cuticle oil every day at least once to help with nourishing your nails.

You don't have to go naked to let them grow out.

I have a client who came to me from another tech. She has her own nails and has a natural overlay of clear gel for strength. She noticed that she had the file marks in the shape of rings growing down from her cuticle area.

Since i have been doing them, the rings are growing down leaving lovely healthy nail growing. My client can't believe the difference. It has been about four months and they are nearly completely renewed, i think another month and they will be fine. She regularly uses cuticle oil and wears gloves for everything, so TLC helps a hell of a lot.

so a clear overlay .... i have no free edge just stumps !!! lol
people comment on how lovely their nails are looking when i have finished and i am busy hiding mine, i am soooooo embarrased .....

You can always do a custom blend to hide flaws, or do the clear on tips, then paint them. No one has to know they aren't yours.

Latest posts

Back