Grrrrrrrr splitting and sazzled hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sugerpuffm

Reaction score
as u can see by my pic im naturally really dark... but im tryin to get a blond to go through it .... but no matter how many times its bleached it wont blooming work grrrrrrr .... all that happens is that it goes like elastic bands n splits ... any ideas any 1 .. xxxxxxxx emily xx pm me pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee some1 help x

What has your hairdresser advised?

just heat treatments n maybe to forget the blond... but u know how it is when u want something and they say u cant u want it even more ...lol grrr xxx

Well ... then I am going to suggest not going blonde. Try a gorgeous red in there instead. Vibrant and punchy.
Apparently your hair is not strong enough to hold up to that much bleaching.
So You must choose, blonde short pieces or nice healthy hair.

I know this isn't what you want to hear but really your hairstylist is the professional here.

Have you thought about hair extensions?:hug:

yah ... i had raccoon 1's done but im a cow for picking lol im more than likely going to have to go with a red like u said ... my hair is real tuff i had the same bit bleached twice now n its not even that nasty burnt colour yet ... so i think u may be right .... red might be the way for me to go .. xx lol well watch this space ... im in salon tomorrow ... lol xx

ohhhh I really like your colour and style the way it is! :)

I really could see flashes (peekaboos as we call them) of bright red in that dark hair.

I agree with the above advise and also would like to add if you have tried to bleach your hair many times the bleach wll have dyed out your hair hence why it is snapping
I agree with JD your hair is too dark and the length of time needed to lighten it too light Blondie is over processing your hair making it like rubber .iunwim.
I would say some nice condition treatments and maybe a choc brown and bronze flashes or like JD said black with red flashes hope this helps .
Im not sure if you can do it like this but maybe if you do want to be blonde could your hairdresser lighten it slowley over a number of weeks and months getting lighter as you go along
JD can you help with this one lol

You are talking taking it very slowly to her goal of blonde. One time bronze color, wait a couple of weeks with protein and moist cond. in between..the next bleaching over the same pieces would be brought up to a Red. wait a couple of weeks...protien/ mositurize ..in a couple of weeks re bleach same pieces to a blonde/golden..protien / mositurize ..until you reach your goal of the level of blonde you want.

It is a long road to do it that way but it just might work. You need to talk to your stylist about it.

Thanks J.d thats what I ment I know its a long haual but I though at least it wasb etter than ruining her hair iukwim
yeh I with JD on this one Id talk to your sylist see what she says #
good luck hun let us know what she says

Slightly off topic, but reading this has made me realise that maybe my stylist doesn't know as much as she should, especially about lightening my dark hair.

Would this bleaching over time work on already tinted hair or just virgin hair?

My hair is quite dark 4/0 need this done every 5 weeks or so due to grey....I have a panel of red which was initially done with Wella Magma....hair went chewy....since then it has been stained with a red tint and using a rich conditioner every time I was my hair the chewyness has gone....however, as the lightened part grows out it will eventually have to be lighteded again and I'm worried about more bleach!

Cathie:

Colored/ tinted hair is difficult to lift. But using the above technique and making sure you use a GOOD protein conditioner every other shampoo and a GOOD moisturizer every shampoo is not saying it will work but maybe worth a shot.

You must remember that when using a moisturizer or protein conditioner in the shower after shampooing, You must get most of the water out of your hair in order for the moisturizers/conditioners to absorb into the hairshaft and do good things, otherwise it will sit on top of your cuticle and be rinsed away. And that is money literally down the shower drain.

You should mention it to your stylist and see what they say . They know the type of hair you have and the condition it is in. :wink2:

Hmmm never easy to go blonde when you are as dark as you are, it certainly always takes quite a few applications, you have been given some very good advice so far from the others & if your determined to be blonde im with the extension squad, at least until your hair is in better condition & you have had a few cuts, after which i suggest using Matrix Graphics, 22 promoter in capped highlights, this will over time build a nice blonde. Ask your stylist if you have more red tone underlying in your hair, in which case use the green, if more orange tone use the blue. Its so hard to say without actually seeing your hair as a photo is not always a good guideline but i suggest discussing graphics with your stylist when your hair is in better condition.
p.s for what its worth i think you are a very attractive dark brown & cant understand why you want to be blonde :eek: :hug:

Latest posts

Back