Gry

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Geek

Grand Master Geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
Think of words ending in GRY. Angry and hungry are two of them. There are only three words in the English language. What is the third word? The word is something that everyone uses every day. If you have listened carefully, I have already told you what it is.

nJoy

could it be.........."words?"

:idea:

The Nail Geek said:
Think of words ending in GRY. Angry and hungry are two of them. There are only three words in the English language. What is the third word? The word is something that everyone uses every day. If you have listened carefully, I have already told you what it is.

nJoy

The word is hungry..... its the 3rd word in the sentence?? ;)

Very clever, geek!! I know the answer but only by cheating (I have admitted it guys)!! I can't help it if I have no patience! Now that I know it & have re-read it it's actually pretty obvious. Got any more? Bring em on & I won't cheat next time.

Is it Gry which also means dirt under the finger nails ;)

Take care Dawnie

Oh crumb, I hate these things, cuz' I can never figure them out. Darn it.

Bunny said:
Very clever, geek!! I know the answer but only by cheating (I have admitted it guys)!! I can't help it if I have no patience! Now that I know it & have re-read it it's actually pretty obvious. Got any more? Bring em on & I won't cheat next time.

I didn't cheat Bunny LOL! I just asked my husband who broke it down in about 30 seconds, he has one of THOSE brains LOL! But he isn't officially a member of this site so :o I admit I had outside help LOL!!

Ha ha ha!! At least we admit it though, huh? LOL

I KNOW!!!!! I KNOW!!!!! And Sean doesn't...... yet. But he was the one that helped me by telling me to ignore angry and hungry...... now there's another clue! And he still doesn't know!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

GOT IT!...lol

I was just telling my partner about this as he was the one that told me about it yonks ago and he starting laughing.........he told me he was pulling my leg with the answer lol...............now I do know what it is lol I will never trust a man again

Take care Dawnie xx

I think the correct answer is language (should i be posting or sending a pm?) There are three words in "the English language". Language is a thing you use everyday... is that correct?

well i must be totally thick coz i cant get it , come on someone pm the answer its driving me nuts :eek:

right i have looked again and i definatley think it must be language!!! ,

Yep, play on words answer is language.
But could also be any of the below :lol:

aggry: Coloured and variegated glass beads of ancient manufacture, found buried in the ground in Africa. A word of unknown origin. Seemingly always used attributively, as in aggry beads.
braggry: A variant form of braggery. Obsolete.
conyngry: An obsolete dialectal variant of conyger, itself an obsolete term meaning “rabbit warren”.
gry: The smallest unit in Locke’s proposed decimal system of linear measurement, being the tenth of a line, the hundredth of an inch, and the thousandth of a (“philosophical”) foot. Also the grunt of a pig, an insignificant trifle, or a verb meaning to roar. Obsolete.
iggry: Egyptian colloquial Arabic pronunciation of ijri: “Hurry up!”, brought back after the First World War by members of British and Australian forces who had fought in Egypt.
meagry: Having a meagre appearance. Obsolete.
nangry: A variant form of angry. Obsolete.
podagry: Dodder, or the condition of a plant infested with it.
puggry: A variant form of puggree, a light turban or head-covering worn by inhabitants of the Indian subcontinent.
It’s a pretty meagre (or meagry) selection ...

mmmkay. Do any of those other words count?
Language :)

The first two sentences have no bearing on the question. They are used for misdirection.

Prionace said:
I think the correct answer is language (should i be posting or sending a pm?) There are three words in "the English language". Language is a thing you use everyday... is that correct?

I think prionace should have a prize :D

mui said:
I think prionace should have a prize :D
Have to say, Mui, I agree!! I didnt get it on my own and English is my first language. Prionace is Portuguese - well done love!!

Thanks :) I do love this kind of riddles, it's kind of a hobby :)

Bunny got it first (though admitedly... she cheated)

The prize is a grand master geek thumbs up ;)

I didnt even get it at first :D

Latest posts

Back