Guidelines for returning to work

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

China Rose

Reaction score
Hello, I'm a little confused after reading the guidelines published today.

So because some of our work is in the highest risk area (in front of the face), we are allowed to do treatments as long as we are wearing PPE? Or do we still have to be a metre away even with PPE (as in the 1 metre plus a form of mitigation, ie PPE)? Seems impossible to do many treatments that way!

Thanks.

Hi.
If you can be a metre away then you must (say if you’re talking to a client but not doing a treatment at the time, stay a metre away) but whilst carrying out treatments as we are closer, we must wear PPE. Apparently only a visor for us is good enough & the client does not have to wear a face mask. Totally don’t agree with that.
Not sure if you’re hair or beauty, but hair can return on 4th July but not beauty/massage.

As I know that my clients will probably be reading the guidelines too I’ve told them , I’ll be wearing ppe, I kindly ask for all clients to wear one for their appointment. No refusals so far

Thanks, both. I fully intend to wear PPE and ask clients to wear a covering. What's concerned me now is that one of my clients is a hairdresser and says that "they are only guidelines", she wouldn't be wearing PPE as it's for "only when you're infected" and she "wouldn't work if ill". She's completely missed the point!!

Just tell her no mask, no treatment.
They may be guidelines but you can set your own Non-negotiable rules. :cool:

I think as a hairdresser whether she thinks it’s over the top or not with all the Ppe, doing everything she can to make her clients feel at ease won’t hurt as I’m assuming she’s not planning on wearing it whilst she works either , If i was her I’d be worried about my reputation being trashed as I’ve already seen posts flying about From people asking where they would need to report a hairdresser once opened for not following guidelines , like AcidPerm said it’s your rules lol not mouth covering=no grey covering

Thanks, both. I fully intend to wear PPE and ask clients to wear a covering. What's concerned me now is that one of my clients is a hairdresser and says that "they are only guidelines", she wouldn't be wearing PPE as it's for "only when you're infected" and she "wouldn't work if ill". She's completely missed the point!!
If she refuses to wear a mask when you treat her & she’s refusing to wear PPE for her work, personally I would refuse to treat her.
There’s a lot of people who don’t believe there’s a virus & just carry on as normal.. Not quite sure what they think has been happening all this time?
Sadly, a few weeks back I noticed a lot of people on Facebook posts say they’re quite happy for it to be how it was before Covid, they’re fine with not wearing masks, just carry on as normal. Can you imagine what it will be like if Therapist/hairdresser is the same & neither them or the client wore PPE??!!! Ticking time bomb!!
True they’re only guidelines, but i’d be more likely to wear full hazmat suit than nothing at all, lol

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back