Guinot closing account

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kblair

Reaction score
Hi I’m a sole trader & rent a small beauty room. I’ve had an account with Guinot for around 13 years & perform their facial treatments mainly Hydradermie. I’ve just been informed that unless I keep 80% of their retail stock my account will be closed. I’m obviously upset as apart from not having the room to hold that much stock I’m unwilling to spend out so much money when clients can purchase the products online from various sites much cheaper.
I’m basically going to be left with a machine I’ve invested in but am unable to use without their products. Just wondered if anyone else has had to deal with this problem from Guinot or another company?

How disgusting that they are doing this to you and I suspect many of their other smaller business too. Happy to sell to you when they were on the up and willing to dump you now that they are there. Very upsetting, they hardly know how devastating this is to you. Nor do they care.
I have heard of this from my Payot rep and she is currently taking some new accounts on that are also in your position.
Although I am a tiny business compared to her bigger accounts, I am looked after by her with Rolls Royce service. There's nothing on the horizon to dump me I am pleased to say.
I use all of their products for my advanced facials, and additionally I add on galvanic gels/microcurrent gels from Alan Howard. To be honest that's probably the one extra that you'd need to still use the Guinot machine.
Your experience and your machine are your greatest assets. The machine was a model that I truly wanted when I was looking, and at least they can't take that away from you.
This year I have learned some exceptional body and facial massage treatments, with new added special moments which have sent my whole treatment menu into a fabulous new wave of sensorial experiences, and I love, love ,love it!!!

If you want to pm me that's fine I would be happy to help.

Move on, finish up your existing stock and look to the future, you may like your new start.

RosieR

How disgusting that they are doing this to you and I suspect many of their other smaller business too. Happy to sell to you when they were on the up and willing to dump you now that they are there. Very upsetting, they hardly know how devastating this is to you. Nor do they care.
I have heard of this from my Payot rep and she is currently taking some new accounts on that are also in your position.
Although I am a tiny business compared to her bigger accounts, I am looked after by her with Rolls Royce service. There's nothing on the horizon to dump me I am pleased to say.
I use all of their products for my advanced facials, and additionally I add on galvanic gels/microcurrent gels from Alan Howard. To be honest that's probably the one extra that you'd need to still use the Guinot machine.
Your experience and your machine are your greatest assets. The machine was a model that I truly wanted when I was looking, and at least they can't take that away from you.
This year I have learned some exceptional body and facial massage treatments, with new added special moments which have sent my whole treatment menu into a fabulous new wave of sensorial experiences, and I love, love ,love it!!!

If you want to pm me that's fine I would be happy to help.

Move on, finish up your existing stock and look to the future, you may like your new start.

RosieR
Thanks so much for your reply. It only happened yesterday so I’m still shocked & reeling from it but your message has really made me think positively. I’ll have a look into Payot & ive never even heard of Alan Howard so thanks so much!
Your business sounds like such a lovely salon to visit. Your clients are very lucky!

Hi I’m a sole trader & rent a small beauty room. I’ve had an account with Guinot for around 13 years & perform their facial treatments mainly Hydradermie. I’ve just been informed that unless I keep 80% of their retail stock my account will be closed. I’m obviously upset as apart from not having the room to hold that much stock I’m unwilling to spend out so much money when clients can purchase the products online from various sites much cheaper.
I’m basically going to be left with a machine I’ve invested in but am unable to use without their products. Just wondered if anyone else has had to deal with this problem from Guinot or another company?

omg.
I am a Guinot account but hardly retail because I cannot compete with online discount sellers.
Perhaps post this on the Guinot therapists Facebook site for advice?
Guinot Therapists unite page

My salon has been with Guinot for 26 years and I was also shocked by the new T&Cs, but don't fly into an immediate panic or rush to make a switch. My account manager reassured me I have 6 months to decide whether I want to sign the new contract, so don't feel pressured and just ignore the countless reminders coming through at the moment. You can continue ordering until the cut off date.
I suspect many other suppliers might be forced to follow in time. Some have gone even further - Youngblood Mineral Cosmetics have pulled out of UK salons altogether to regain control of their brand.
That said, however, this is still ridiculously bad timing from Guinot. Many salons are struggling to survive post-Covid and I, for one, am more concerned with maintaining my employees hours than investing heavily in retail stock I might never be able to shift! I had to chuck away a small fortune after lockdowns anyway...
I really do LOVE Guinot treatments and products - I've used nothing else on my skin for 26 years and I swear by it - and I've no doubt many of my customers will be sorry to see the treatments go too - but I also know there are other good alternatives out there and I'm just going to take my time researching the right one! Who knows, within the next 6 months Guinot could lose so many small accounts they might just decide to wind their necks in a bit and reduce the stupidly high retail levels they're trying to impose on us!

Hi
I worked with Guinot for around 13yrs also when I was working in a salon & they were the same then no interest if you weren't the bigger accounts , its disgraceful they are treating you like this ,all account shoukd be important no matter the size
I do love the products though so when I set up from home i have the hydradermie lift machine that I still use but dont promote it as a Guniot facial which is a pain but for your regular clients they will know they are still having the same facials
I get my serums from Abloomnova & just use a collagen gel for the lift part
There are so many other brands out there now that you might go for but it is hard work looking at them all
Have you a second brand you use or was it just Guinot ?
Gillian x

Hi
I worked with Guinot for around 13yrs also when I was working in a salon & they were the same then no interest if you weren't the bigger accounts , its disgraceful they are treating you like this ,all account shoukd be important no matter the size
I do love the products though so when I set up from home i have the hydradermie lift machine that I still use but dont promote it as a Guniot facial which is a pain but for your regular clients they will know they are still having the same facials
I get my serums from Abloomnova & just use a collagen gel for the lift part
There are so many other brands out there now that you might go for but it is hard work looking at them all
Have you a second brand you use or was it just Guinot ?
Gillian x
Hi
Thanks so much for your reply.
I use dermalogica & have just started using the b tec micro with their facials which is pretty good. I also & do CACI facials.
It’s good to know I’ll still be able to use the Guinot machine though with other brands. I’ll start looking! Although I fear many Guinot clients are very loyal to the brand. Who knows though, maybe not so loyal if they can’t get their Guinot facial in a small local salon!

Hi
Thanks so much for your reply.
I use dermalogica & have just started using the b tec micro with their facials which is pretty good. I also & do CACI facials.
It’s good to know I’ll still be able to use the Guinot machine though with other brands. I’ll start looking! Although I fear many Guinot clients are very loyal to the brand. Who knows though, maybe not so loyal if they can’t get their Guinot facial in a small local salon!
Ah thats great you have another brand to fall back on ,its hard when you have invested so much into a brand that they dont support you now
Best of luck with it all in the future & you never know if there is enough uproar they might back track! Definitely have a look at Abloomnova website to keep you going till you decide what to do xx

I've also got the same issue with a minimum spend now with Guinot and to hold 80% retail. What are other people doing? If a few people united then the account can still be run? Like a franchise - we order from 1 account- similar to having a few branches.....please message me and let me know your thoughts

I've also got the same issue with a minimum spend now with Guinot and to hold 80% retail. What are other people doing? If a few people united then the account can still be run? Like a franchise - we order from 1 account- similar to having a few branches.....please message me and let me know your thoughts
Hi all guinot therapists
Use Abloomnova. I now use them for treatment and retail.
I’ve been with Guinot since 1987 when they first started. The Sydney based company are not nice. Because of Covid, I started a very professional salon at home and mistakenly told them. They banned me. But funny I saw many home salons on there find a salon.
Bugger them. Continue doing treatments and retail. They can’t do anything about it.
By the way. I’m in Melbourne and need a part for the inside of my high frequency attachment
Any help finding a repairer or spare parts.

Latest posts

Back