Guy 36 trying to become a nail tech

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's such a shame, I can't tell you how important it is to get a really good start , so that you become confident and have returning clients having faith in you.
I know other geeks have done training completely differently to myself and have sucessful businesses that they have had for many years. So it can be done.
As Trinity says checking the insurance situation is crucial.
Other courses that are attached to product lines that other geeks have used other than CND include INK and Cuccio (Nottingham based, but educators can come to you) Sometimes they have one to one or small numbers in the class which can be really good for a new starter.
I wish I coulld be more helpful, sorry.

Thank you Bob and Trinity, Absorb I shall.

That's such a shame, I can't tell you how important it is to get a really good start , so that you become confident and have returning clients having faith in you.
I know other geeks have done training completely differently to myself and have sucessful businesses that they have had for many years. So it can be done.
As Trinity says checking the insurance situation is crucial.
Other courses that are attached to product lines that other geeks have used other than CND include INK and Cuccio (Nottingham based, but educators can come to you) Sometimes they have one to one or small numbers in the class which can be really good for a new starter.
I wish I coulld be more helpful, sorry.

No that’s all very helpful, thank you.

I would train with inklondon and use there products. Shellac is great. But ink is better.

AND a way better profit ratio

If a salon has to worry about the cost of materials per service, that often suggests they are not able to charge higher prices and add value. It also say nothing about how long a service takes and the other costs per hour.

Focus on developing skills, being unique in your region. Develop a reputation and attract those clients willing to pay more. When you need to worry about product cost, IMHO, you are selling a commodity service. Aim higher!

Hello Guy, don't fret about your age, I trained at 54 years young!

I must add my vote to getting a VTCT qualification. It's an excellent platform to build on, takes longer but covers a lot. From there you can fine tune additional brand based training based on your experience at college. I was convinced I was really only interested in gel and would just endure the acrylics units... But it turned out that I really liked acrylics, I never expected that.

I still went on to doing further gel training but my ideas about what I wanted to offer and what kinds of products I would prefer to work with evolved during my course so I was much more confident in my decisions.

Finally, when you set up, don't go too cheap just because you're new. You have no idea what nightmare clients that can attract! [emoji53]

How are you getting on, Joey?

Latest posts

Back