Habia is not approving any extension courses now!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Extensionpro

Reaction score
I heard through the grapevine that Habia are not approving ANY hair extensions courses any more! I understand that loads of 'approved' hair extension companies have been misusing their logo etc, but I think this spells even more disaster in the hair extension industry!

Yes this has become apparent in the last couple of weeks.

We are currently HABIA approved and when we come up for renewal that will be it for HABIA accreditation.

I think lush have just come to that time (may be wrong).

I dont think it will necessarily be a disaster for the hair extension industry - good course providers will still continue, and the poor ones will not survive long. Aside from the usual forms of advertising, word of mouth is very powerful - from what I see on here lush have a good reputation, we ourselves have not been going as long as them but are beginning to get a lot of bookings from people who know someone who has been on one of our courses.

I think the abuse of the logo is also individual extensionists who are claiming to be HABIA approved when of course they are not even if they have attended a HABIA approved course.

Hi This is Jo from the Lush-Us Uk Training team.
Just for confirmation purposes, Our Habia approval is inplace until 31 July 2012. After this time our basic hair extension course will still have exactly the same content. Habia CPD approval is only really relevant to professionals, particularly teachers and assessors who require a minimum number of CPD hours per year.

We ARE the ONLY Hair Extension training provider in the UK who are a VTCT approved centre allowing us to deliver formal Natinoally recognised qualifications within this field ie NVQ and VRQ certificates in Hair Extensions. As a company we are continuosly striving to raise standards within the hair extensions industry. We have recently opened our Hair Training Academy which will see the delivery not only of hair extensions to existing professionals but also ensure that all trainess with us obtain relevant hairdressing certification and skills prior to undertaking any hair extension courses.

We are working closely with insurance companies and other Approving Bodies to help set standards within the industry regarding training standards. Please note: Even if your training provider currently holds Habia approval but the tutor doesn't hold relevant teaching qualifications such as PTTSL, CTTLS, Assessors awards, 730/7 your insurance may be void, so please check with your insurance provider what they accept and check with any potential training provider that all their trainers are qualified.

We think this is a positive for the hair extension training world as it will force some companies to raise their standards of provision if they wish to stay within the industry.

If anyone has any concerns or questions they would like answering please feel free to contact our training team.

Regards
Jo

I think the HABIA situation could well be a positive thing. I think it is currently a little confusing for people searching for courses.

Latest posts

Back