Habia publishes Code of Practice for Nail Services (1 March 2007)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Judge Dredd

Reaction score
Habia publishes Code of Practice for Nail Services (1 March 2007)
A code of practice for nail services that provides nails professionals with authoritative and industry endorsed guidance has been developed by Habia.

The nail services code of practice contains guidance on sterilisation, electric nail files (including safe use and decontamination of drills), ventilation, UV light and prohibited materials such as MMA.

The code also contains clarification on a range of generic issues such as proper client consultation, infection control, operational procedures (including preventing RSI), salon safety, following manufacturers’ guidance, insurance, personal protective equipment, waste disposal and training and education, as well as a section on health and safety law. Specific guidance for mobile technicians in included.

Although compliance with the code is voluntary, it will be promoted widely throughout the nails industry, as well as to the consumer press and to Environmental Health Officers in order to encourage good practice based on nationally agreed standards. The Code of Practice is free to download.

http://www.habia.org/uploads/Nails_Code_of_Practice_LRES.pdf

Thanks Judge Dread, loving your name and avatar by the way!:lol:
Thee Geek himself posted a link to this a while ago, but it's always good to have it brought to our attention again. I for one have printed out a copy for my own reference. I think each of us should have a good read through this.

Latest posts

Back