HABIA Salon Packs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rose143

Very Proud Creative Geek
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Another question from me ...

I am thinking of buying a Health and Safety Pack from Habia, the Employment Law Pack and either the Salon Management pack OR Business Management for Hairdressers and Therapists.

Do any of you guys have these books and if so would you mind giving me some feedback at all.

I am also confused as there seems to be different Health & Safety books for Hairdressers, Beauty Therapists and Nail Technicians. Do you guys have all three or just one you use in general? They are £99 each :eek:

Any info would be good .... thanks!

xxxxx

Never had them but what do you get for £99 each!

I would want something more than just a book/pack for that much!

This is what it says for Health and Safety for Hairdressers:

"The Habia Health and Safety for Hairdressers Pack has everything you need in one convenient and durable A4 ringbinder made up of over 160 pages.

Guidance to all of the relevant laws and legislation that are relevant to your industry are explained. The pack tells you what you need to know and how to adhere to it.

The pack is designed by industry experts and recommended by Environmental Health Officers.

Features of the pack:
  • Official forms and notices for you to copy and use in your salon
  • How to write and produce a health and safety policy with a blank version for you to personlise
  • An accident book adhering to the new guidelines
  • Health and Safety Risk Assessments, Fire Risk Assessments and COSHH Risk Assessments in example formats for guidance and as blank forms for you to complete
  • Large print and a clear uncluttered layout make the information easy to read
  • Fully up to date as of the date of purchase
  • Fire exit signs
When purchasing the Health and Safety Pack, included is one year's subscription to the Health and Safety Club (usually £35.00). This will ensure that your pack is kept up to date with any new legislations brought in."

It sounds amazing and invaluable but the one for beauty therapists and Nail techs sounds just as good :confused:

xxxx

I bought the H & S Pack for Beauty Therapists several years ago. It includes loads of info, forms etc to help keep up to date & legal in the salon. I think it's worth the money for the amount of time it saves trawlling through all the H & S legislation, trying to work out what is relevant to our profession. The club keeps you up to date with any changes in legislation. We don't do hair & nails, but I don't think you'd want to spend on all three. I'd have a chat with them to see which one they'd advise.

Hope this helps x

Thanks Maria, that is most helpful of you! :hug:

I did phone them and they advised me to buy the pack that we feel is our major service. I said to her that all our services, nails, hair and beauty are all a major service, it's not like I'm renting a corner to a nail tech in a hair salon. Then it would be obvious which one to go for. She said alot of the information is repeated and if I feel something is missing I should buy the others.

I have decided to start with the H&S for hairdressers and see how I get on. I've also ordered Employment law and Salon Management

xxxx

Hi Rose

Would love to hear your views on them, keep us posted.

x

Latest posts

Back