Had my nails done and been cut open....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i can assure you it is definatly a cut open on two of my cuticles, as also there are a few little niks on my other fingers

i have been back into the salon yesterday to just show her the scabs forming on my cuticles, and just to see if i could still get my money back. she was full of apoligies and offered me a free treatment. she was very nice to me indeed - but it would still stand - i was still very badly spoken to before, and whats to say she doesnt do the same to somebody else?!

i can assure you it is definatly a cut open on two of my cuticles, as also there are a few little niks on my other fingers

i have been back into the salon yesterday to just show her the scabs forming on my cuticles, and just to see if i could still get my money back. she was full of apoligies and offered me a free treatment. she was very nice to me indeed - but it would still stand - i was still very badly spoken to before, and whats to say she doesnt do the same to somebody else?!

Well at least she didn't shout at you this time!:eek: (Still can't get over that she did that.)

So have you decided what you'll do?

I do feel for you, and nobody deserves to be spoken to like that.

If i were you i just wouldnt go back there.

As for the nail tech - well she's not here to give her side of the story, so we really shouldnt be quick to judge.

She has offered you another treatment,and she has apologised. She must have her reasons for not refunding, and as she's not here to defend herself i cant judge.
She must believe that she has a valid reason not to reimburse you, otherwise she wouldnt put her reputation on the line for the sake of a few quid.
She would be admitting that she is in the wrong if she does give you a refund, and this is also something that i wouldnt do as a therapist if i believed that i was right.
I wouldn't refund either if i had a valid reason not to.

We all make mistakes from time to time,, whether it going to a salon and getting a sub-standard treatment, or giving a treatment as a therapist. We all have bad days too , but thats not an excuse for someone to nick someones fingers.

Iv recieved sub-standard treatments but because i wasnt permanently scarred I decided to move on and just find another therapist/tech.
As for her attitude - well she wont be in business for long if she speaks to all her clients in this way.!

I would put it down to experience and move on.

Elaine xxxxxx:hug::hug::hug:

I'm just wondering (not defending at all) if the tech was caught off guard when you first went back and panicked? Maybe thats why she got so defensive and aggressive. As LB said, we do all have bad days and make mistakes, with the best will in the world we are only human. I am so sorry to hear she cut you open, hope your fingers feel better soon! :)

Oh, and for the record, I HAVE cut somone in the past, they had their toddler with them in the room and turned round so sharp to see what the kid was doing they moved their toes and got nicked.

Just an afterthought - if the tech was to give a refund, would that be enough of an admittance to make her liable in a law suit?

Hi

Im really sorry to hear what happened to you and I know that a lot of the techs on this site feel the same way.

It angers me when so called nail techs treat people this way especially when they have a ligitimate complaint and as you approached the situation in a calm and reasonable manner only to be spoken to in such as bad way especially infront of other clients is appaling to say the least.
Even if she was caught of guard she could have had the deceancy to excuse herself from her client and speak to you in private even if only for a moment.

So you either chalk it up to experience :cry:or you take the kid gloves off get pictures of your nails and cuticles and go see you doctor and get a writen report and then get yourself along to the small claims court.
If nothing else you get the satisfaction of getting your money back

but get a grip it costs nothing to be nice to people and if they have a complaint then it should be delt with in a professional and satisfying manner to both the client and the tech.

Catherine

Latest posts

Back