Had my sculpting class yesterday..

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss_Biscuit

Reaction score
Well, had the sculpting class yesterday, with the brilliant Anne Swain.

I learnt so much, especially in the fact that the forms can be so much more versatile than just plonking them on a finger. Anne showed us how we can cut the forms to fit someone with a naturally square smile line, how use two forms to make it extra-wide for thumbs or toes.. and also, how to get a really snug fit.

We were told what nails were good for sculpts and what nails weren't and she showed us her own excellent techniques.

I must say tho'.. I was disappointed with my own efforts on my model.. I haven't "done nails" in a while due to the demands of my day job, and was a little out of touch... And whilst I knew that sculpting would be difficult to start with I was also very let down by my smiles lines, normally I do pretty good smile lines, but in my sculpted set they were almost frowning!
:|

So, yes it was a great learning curve and I enjoyed it, but it has hi-lighted the fact that I need to get some serious practice in.

Anne suggested that I get a Saturday job in a Salon to get my product application and my speed up to scratch, which will build my confidence up and get me out of bad habits. - I am going to pursue that in the new year.

Hey ho!
Miss B. x

Miss_Biscuit said:
Well, had the sculpting class yesterday, with the brilliant Anne Swain.

Anne suggested that I get a Saturday job in a Salon to get my product application and my speed up to scratch, which will build my confidence up and get me out of bad habits. - I am going to pursue that in the new year.

Hey ho!
Miss B. x

Great idea then you can have loads of practice, are there many salons in your area doing nails?

Marilyn said:
Great idea then you can have loads of practice, are there many salons in your area doing nails?

There is one that she had in mind with a good rep and Creative trained, they have taken on girls less skilled than me before too, so a good idea deffo.

Hi, do you prefer sculpting? I am seriously wanting to do a class on it too. So what nails are best for sculpting and not?x

zoeCU said:
Hi, do you prefer sculpting? I am seriously wanting to do a class on it too. So what nails are best for sculpting and not?x

This question has been asked allot.

It is possible to sculpt any nail ... BUT ... for the best results and the easiest time for you the nail technician, my rule is:

Sculpt the nicest nails and tip the awkward ones like biters, skijump, fan-shaped etc.

zoeCU said:

I prefer it in the fact that it's more artistic feeling! Oh and no faffing about with tips...!

Geeg has answered the question re: best and worst nails for it tho. Summed it up in a nutshell I think!!

Latest posts

Back