Hair advice, help please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nikki998

Reaction score
I have had my hair highlighted for a few years and it was eventually a very light browny blonde shade throughout , but my roots are naturally dark so this kept showing through and maintaining it was too much , i had my hair dyed dark at the hairdressers about 2 days ago now and it is way too dark for me almost black with some red bits in it?? The dark does not suit me at all it looks very bad and I don’t know what to do. Do i go back to the salon or should i try colour b4? I’ve been so upset the past few days about the colour of my hair and wasting money on a colour i hate

Don’t try to correct this yourself as it’s a complex colour correction. Go back to the hairdressers and speak to them and see what they advise. If you only want it a little lighter, they should be able to do that.
However, you asked for it to be darker, they’ve done that so expect to have to pay to get it lightened.

I have had my hair highlighted for a few years and it was eventually a very light browny blonde shade throughout , but my roots are naturally dark so this kept showing through and maintaining it was too much , i had my hair dyed dark at the hairdressers about 2 days ago now and it is way too dark for me almost black with some red bits in it?? The dark does not suit me at all it looks very bad and I don’t know what to do. Do i go back to the salon or should i try colour b4? I’ve been so upset the past few days about the colour of my hair and wasting money on a colour i hate
always go talk to stylist.

2 days ago? wait at least a week for the end result. Dark colours in the 4-5 range fade to a nicer lighter and softer shade (except they put really black) after 1 or 2 weeks, esp. when you use normal shampoo instead of special profi colour save shampoo. When I do my own hair, I even put something darker (it suits me though) in order to enojoy the revealing of the softer brown shades for more months and dont colour my hair that much. Aaaaand whatever you do, the best results in colouring are acheaved by a profi. Find a passionate hairdresser and stick to him or her.

Latest posts

Back