hair advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HappyHands

Reaction score
Can anyone help me.... i have always had my hair curly (permed) i was due to be repermed in Jan.. but after a few drinky poos my husband and i decided to highlight my hair, we pulled it though the hat, put the bleach on, opened another bottle of wine, after a while and smoke coming off my head (no i am not lying) we took the bleach off. Hair was like straw... I have now had it cut shoulder length and it is in a lot better condition but i still have alot of highlights in. but i am deperate to get it back curley again is there a perm lotion that i can put on it and not come out like a big fuzz ball or am i better of just leaving it and slowly getting it trimmed then have it permed when the bleach has come out.... hhheeellllpppp me:)

I know there are perms for bleached/highlighted hair - but without looking at the condition - no one will be able to assess your situation.

Your best bet - is to go to a good salon near you and get professional treatment and advice.

Good luck!!

HappyHands said:
Can anyone help me.... i have always had my hair curly (permed) i was due to be repermed in Jan.. but after a few drinky poos my husband and i decided to highlight my hair, we pulled it though the hat, put the bleach on, opened another bottle of wine, after a while and smoke coming off my head (no i am not lying) we took the bleach off. Hair was like straw... I have now had it cut shoulder length and it is in a lot better condition but i still have alot of highlights in. but i am deperate to get it back curley again is there a perm lotion that i can put on it and not come out like a big fuzz ball or am i better of just leaving it and slowly getting it trimmed then have it permed when the bleach has come out.... hhheeellllpppp me:)

Why don't you pm Blondie21 she is a senior hair stylist and very good at what she does. She'll be able to help you or suggest a product or 2 I'm sure!

xxxx

you would probably be best steering clear of anything else chemical for a bit. At most you would probably only get away with a weak perm which would be to give body rather than curls so it might be a waste of time. Perm solution breaks the bonds in your hair structure and its the neutraliser that locks them back in while they are around a hair curler which gives you the curl. If you had smoke coming off your hair its probably already pretty knackered and I would not advise you to put anything else on it. I havent worked in a salon for a few years so maybe there is some new development in perm solution that might suit your hair but if not I doubt any decent hairdresser would perm it. Or if they do you might have to sign a disclaimer saying you have been advised against it.

Latest posts

Back