Hair and Beauty?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ttaylor

Reaction score
hi geeks
call me greedy but i love both sides :) i am a qualified hairdresser and have workied in a salon that offers both, i find it really works as clients like having it all under one roof, i have also done training with ST Tropez for tanning and did some basic training with the girls i worked with on basic waxing, i am pretty confident in what i can do. im rent a chair in a hairsalon at the moment but the opportunity has come up in a salon where i can do beauty as well within the price of my rent (which is still a hell of alot cheaper than where i am now), my thing is i dont have a beauty nvq but have had a look at the courses running within ewd alan howard and capital and they all say city and guilds, what do you guys think? also i had thought of the training with the companies?

sorry its a bit of an essay isnt it :/

Go for it!
I dabble in a bit of everything, but you can never put 100% into both, as much as you want too.
But you will do well as clients love going to one place to have all there treatments done, you will have them feeling a million dollars!!! Xx

I'd say go for it, I'm a Stylist & a Barber and do beauty as well. People seem to like it as they tend to buy into the person as much as the service so my clients like that its me who does their manicures and waxing rather than swapping between two people. Also its easier for me to work my day as i know that i can squeeze in their eyebrow wax before there cut etc

Hi I was told people's opinions that you "can't be good at both" and to just choose one! Well I didn't and I do hair beauty and barbering a d I love all! More variety to the day, knowledge to sell extra services and being good at it sells it's self! I have regular clients who are more than happy and return for services and I also gain a lot of new clients due to word of mouth, as another poster said clients "buy in to a person" which is true, once they trust you they will have the confidence in you! I say go for it, you can do it of you work hard and reaserch and practice hard :) c

Hi I was told people's opinions that you "can't be good at both" and to just choose one! Well I didn't and I do hair beauty and barbering a d I love all! More variety to the day, knowledge to sell extra services and being good at it sells it's self! I have regular clients who are more than happy and return for services and I also gain a lot of new clients due to word of mouth, as another poster said clients "buy in to a person" which is true, once they trust you they will have the confidence in you! I say go for it, you can do it of you work hard and reaserch and practice hard :) c
I'm qualified in hair, nails waxing, facials although I don't really enjoy doing facials that's just a back up incase a therapist is off, I have regular clients in all the rest and new clients regularly say how great my nails are or that my waxing wasn't as painful as we're they went before.
I've been qualified in hair a lot longer than the others and enjoy the mix!
Go for it!

Thanks for the replies and the positive thoughts guys :) I have made it work before so I'm sure I can do it again, it's more the qualifications I think. Just going to price up some equipment now and have a good think as the salon I'm at now I only moved to 2 months ago, and feel a bit bad about thinking of moving and the worry of not being busy enough although that worry is still where I am now too lol. A lot to think about :)

Latest posts

Back