hair bleach

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minky

Reaction score
hey all proffessionals ,what type of hair bleach do you reallly like to use for on scalp ?and off scalp ? and who prefers heat with thier highlights / bleach , ect ,and dont forget toners ,just wanting to see if there is any fantastic products out there that i need to know about , and are we allowed to say the brand names to each other? from :) minky oh and any quicker ways to do highlights ?as mine take too long I think,

Not a Hair Geek here, but I will never have bleach on my hair ever again! The damage to my hair is too much, even using professional shampoos and conditioners......it just makes my hair chewy and snap....

My hair is dark and so be it....I'll leave it there!

product_20_lg.jpg

VOILA DUST FREE BLEACH WITH LOW AMONIA AND 7 LEVEL LIFT.

This is my favorite. Excellent price, good on the scalp or off.

product_20_lg.jpg

VOILA DUST FREE BLEACH WITH LOW AMONIA AND 7 LEVEL LIFT.

This is my favorite. Excellent price, good on the scalp or off.

Hi this really interests me , just wondering about if it swells at all in highlight foils ? and are you allowed to use heat with it? Also does it take a long time to lift , sorry about all the questions ,:) MINKY

Hi Minky...I love it in foils, no swelling, fast, especially with heat...(although I don't think the manufacturer recomends heat) ...I use heat regularly though...I watch it carefully and I have some experience with the product.

The formula is 1 part bleach to 2 parts developer. This makes it cost effecient. about $22.00 for a 2 lb tub...a good price.

Hi Minky...I love it in foils, no swelling, fast, especially with heat...(although I don't think the manufacturer recomends heat) ...I use heat regularly though...I watch it carefully and I have some experience with the product.

The formula is 1 part bleach to 2 parts developer. This makes it cost effecient. about $22.00 for a 2 lb tub...a good price.

Hi there , sounds great who makes it? and do you go to a certain place for it because I don't think Ive seen it in the UK , :) thanks minky

Not a Hair Geek here, but I will never have bleach on my hair ever again! The damage to my hair is too much, even using professional shampoos and conditioners......it just makes my hair chewy and snap....

My hair is dark and so be it....I'll leave it there!

Sounds like its been over processed ,
Bleach is fine as long as a professional who knows what he/ she is doing looks after your hair, but as you say if you think it has made your hair out of condition, it may be best to stay away from it, :) minky

Hi Minky, I think Volia is European ...Italian I think... part of the Revlon-Realistic Company...Revlon Profesional. Google Colomer Group.

TCG - MARCAS

bi_products.jpg

this is what I have started using. Non ammonia, lipid oils, wonderful conditioning. No swelling. Very creamy to work with. Use it on the scalp or off scalp. no problems bringing it up to a creamy light blonde from a level 5 and 20v. It just came out and there is nothing else out there like it!

bi_products.jpg

this is what I have started using. Non ammonia, lipid oils, wonderful conditioning. No swelling. Very creamy to work with. Use it on the scalp or off scalp. no problems bringing it up to a creamy light blonde from a level 5 and 20v. It just came out and there is nothing else out there like it!

ooh that looks good too? what are the two pots for ?

theres one over here in UK that looks a bit like it called platinuim ,the peroxide formula is like thick cream and has two tubs , is that what yours is like? :) minky

is it very expensive compared to powder bleach?

Hi Minky, I think Volia is European ...Italian I think... part of the Revlon-Realistic Company...Revlon Profesional. Google Colomer Group.

TCG - MARCAS

hi Sopheia I looked on the site and it must be the revlon one, it says it also lifts 7 levels but it was white powder and in a white tub, I have seen that over here in the UK so Ill definately try that , thank you minky :)

ooh that looks good too? what are the two pots for ?

theres one over here in UK that looks a bit like it called platinuim ,the peroxide formula is like thick cream and has two tubs , is that what yours is like? :) minky

is it very expensive compared to powder bleach?

One tub is a ammonia based bleach for levels 5 and below or very resistant hair.
the other one is non ammonia for levels 6 and up or non resistant hair.
You have 20 30 and 40v developers.
I can use the non ammonia based with 20v on level 5 and get a beautiful level 10 off of it. non ammonia with 30 or 40v..you get platium or white.
No swelling. Dryer 10-15 mins, no heat; 30-45 mins.
Very thick and creamy.

price comparison is hard to say..I use Blondor which runs me around 22.00 a container the this is just slightly higher. but being non ammonia..it is so worth it.

One tub is a ammonia based bleach for levels 5 and below or very resistant hair.
the other one is non ammonia for levels 6 and up or non resistant hair.
You have 20 30 and 40v developers.
I can use the non ammonia based with 20v on level 5 and get a beautiful level 10 off of it. non ammonia with 30 or 40v..you get platium or white.
No swelling. Dryer 10-15 mins, no heat; 30-45 mins.
Very thick and creamy.

price comparison is hard to say..I use Blondor which runs me around 22.00 a container the this is just slightly higher. but being non ammonia..it is so worth
it.

Yes it sounds lovely and much better for the hair , I wonder is Redken anything to do with Loreal?

because it sounds just like the platinium , but the platinium tubs have a special liner in them to keep it fresh , do your tubs have an inner liner too?
thanks for sharing minky,:)

Yes it sounds lovely and much better for the hair , I wonder is Redken anything to do with Loreal?

because it sounds just like the platinium , but the platinium tubs have a special liner in them to keep it fresh , do your tubs have an inner liner too?
thanks for sharing minky,:)

Loreal owns Redken. Loreal also owns Artec and a few other brands. Redken is their "biggest" or most well known and is still popular because of brand recognition. The educational materials are similar and the tech support lines have the same numbers.

We use the Loreal Platinium and quite like it. We are also a Loreal Series Expire School, so we carry the entire support line, shampoos, reconstructors and styling products. I'm still partial to Joico color, which we use mostly, but as long as you understand the colorwheel, the hair fiber and the chemicals you are using, the basic chemistry of haircolor has not changed in over 50 years. They are improving the conditioning agents and carriers so that the hair feels nicer and color holds longer.

There are very few brand names out there that Loreal doesn't own.

My "bleach" container is not lined. It is not a powder, it is a solid thick mixture something in the thickness of crisco shortening.

Latest posts

Back