Hair breakage, what to charge?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

el0iselint0n

Reaction score
Hi, so I’m wondering what you guys think about charging when a colour doesn’t go quite right

The situation is a scalp bleach on a regular client, using Blondme Schwarzkopf the bleach tends to spread and I have overlapped on a section of hair (3 month old root, and the growth was really zig saggy) the hair has completely broken in that area :(

I’m freelance so if I don’t charge - I’m not paid
Should I have charged full price for this? Given a discount or even for free?

The breakage was a patch unfortunately in the parting

Thanks

Hey,
well sometimes if client is on HRT etc and the colour will not come out as should it is not our mistake, so...
But if you overlapped, (and to be honest, it is a well known fact about BlondMe that it is a swelling bleach) and you know that you did this mistake the client will know that too.
BE honest with your client, tell her that you made a mistake.
I would offer her a treatment or give her a retail mask - if its just a one small section(one line something like paper thin section 3cm wide).
If the breakages are bigger, something like really thick section - I would not charge that client

Hey,
well sometimes if client is on HRT etc and the colour will not come out as should it is not our mistake, so...
But if you overlapped, (and to be honest, it is a well known fact about BlondMe that it is a swelling bleach) and you know that you did this mistake the client will know that too.
BE honest with your client, tell her that you made a mistake.
I would offer her a treatment or give her a retail mask - if its just a one small section(one line something like paper thin section 3cm wide).
If the breakages are bigger, something like really thick section - I would not charge that client
Thank you just saw the reply

The next week I did a free olaplex treatment and the next appt half price

Latest posts

Back