Hair breaking help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cutekitten88

Reaction score
Hi geeks! Really getting down with my hair, as it just keeps snapping off so much. I have no idea why as it never used to. I have colour on my hair but I haven't dyed it for the last 7 months. Am really careful with my hair and never straighten it anymore. So have no idea why it's getting so thin. I used nioxin products hoping it would make my hair thicker for only more hair to fall out :/ . Getting really down now as it looks like am going to have to cut my hair really short but really don't want to. Any hints or tips on why it's breaking so much. And what products are good to help me out? Thank u

Has the products you've been using have a lot of protein in it? Some times too much protein or build up can actually make the hair more brittle? Maybe it needs moisture more than protein?? :s

Yes it does have protein in it. Do u think this is what is causing my hair to break off so easily?

What's you hair like? Noticeably thinning? Or just fine? Coloured or natural?

What pack are you using from Nioxin

Maybe, a lady that worked in my salon had fine, damaged hair from colouring and heat damage and started using redken cat spray (which is a very high concentrated protein spray,) it was brilliant And worked really well, but after using for a long while her hair started snapping again, redken rep told us that a build up of to much protein in your hair can make it brittle and eventually be. Bit snappy, so she then Changed and used a moisture product instead and then felt much much better. Damaged hair needs protein to make it strong but it also needs moisture as well so I think its a matter of balancing it :s
Sorry for my ramble, I'd maybe try changing product before you cut off your hair

Kerastase new Fiber Architect is amazing, for hair that's snapping, over processed, jelly like when wet, your hair will feel so amazing ad you wouldn't regret buying it at all

Thanks for all the help guys. I have very fine hair at the min not to noticeable yet. Thought it may be the products am using. Will defo invest in a moisture shampoo and conditioner and see how I get on. I used number 3 nioxin system for fine to normal hair.

Oh and it has old colour. But haven't dyed it in 7 months now so it's not like am over processing my hair, and I don't even straighten it. But just keeps snapping specially when wet and it never used to.

I have fine hair that tends to shed,but not break yet!
Anyhow i alternate between moisture reconstructor and protein reconstructor,but if my hair feels a bit brittle sometimes i do 2 moisture to 1 protein.
Hope this helps abit
How i long for glossy thick locks!;)

Latest posts

Back