Hair colour advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abi_babe

BellaVoi x
Reaction score
Hey
After some advice please.
I have a client who had a ombré done else where & has had that colour for a while. It is bleached from mid length to ends and not to bad of a conditioning considering. And the roots are at level 6.
Her natural colour is around a level 5.
She wants to change her hair similar to the second pic.
I’m planning to match her roots with existing shade, level 6 as she is happy with her root colour and doesn’t want to go darker.
What colours would work for the lightness similar to pic. Mainly work with wella and goldwell but open x

Attachments

• 6A347018-5CAE-4403-B597-5079637BCFC9.jpeg
    6A347018-5CAE-4403-B597-5079637BCFC9.jpeg
    80.8 KB · Views: 42
  • 332E7B81-EF7A-432A-8DDB-1187E9CB496C.jpeg
    332E7B81-EF7A-432A-8DDB-1187E9CB496C.jpeg
    104.2 KB · Views: 40
Hey
After some advice please.
I have a client who had a ombré done else where & has had that colour for a while. It is bleached from mid length to ends and not to bad of a conditioning considering. And the roots are at level 6.
Her natural colour is around a level 5.
She wants to change her hair similar to the second pic.
I’m planning to match her roots with existing shade, level 6 as she is happy with her root colour and doesn’t want to go darker.
What colours would work for the lightness similar to pic. Mainly work with wella and goldwell but open x
It's going to be difficult to get the same effect with out taking the base darker. To achieve that colour on the ends you'll have to lighten the hair more, then tone with a light beige or sany blonde

It's going to be difficult to get the same effect with out taking the base darker. To achieve that colour on the ends you'll have to lighten the hair more, then tone with a light beige or sany blonde
What toners would u recommend to achieve similar colour ?

What toners would u recommend to achieve similar colour ?
It's difficult to predict what toners you would use, until the hair is lifted. The formula obviously changes depending on what underlying tones are present prior to toning. If you can lift the hair to a level 8 then I would look at using illumina 2 parts 8/69 + 1part 7/.
If its still yellow orange then probably colour touch 2part 8/81 + 1part 8/71 +1part 6/71.

These are obviously based on forecast. If you can strand test and see how it will lift it easier to give a more accurate formula.

I would still consider taking the root darker as the mid lengths and ends won't create the same impact otherwise. If you really don't want to take the roots darker, then your ends need to be a level 9 ideally, to get the contrast.

Latest posts

Back