Hair colour - change for wedding

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhiannon1408

Reaction score
Hi geeks, my brother is getting married in October and we've ordered our beautiful bridesmaid dresses today in a gorgeous teal colour.

I currently have bright copper hair which obviously needs to be changed for the wedding as it clashes with the dress. I'm naturally about a base 6 but I've had all sorts of colours on my hair and I can't decide if I should go back dark or go light again...help!

Here's a few photos of my current copper hair compared to when I've had highlights and dark hair. Excuse the posey photos! :D

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1368802348.470904.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1368802348.470904.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 214
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1368802365.944198.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1368802365.944198.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 225
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1368802376.136122.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1368802376.136122.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 199
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1368802386.214555.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1368802386.214555.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 196
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1368802399.705151.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1368802399.705151.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 194
Hello lovely! Hope youre well <3

I think go light again! You really suit that :) xxx

I think copper hair and a teal dress will look FAB!

I really like the dark &#128522; x

I think it looks nice in the third photo x

I think copper hair and a teal dress will look FAB!

I'm not allowed to keep it :( my mother and the bride have banned me!

So that's 2 for light 1 for dark so far...

I like the light hair x

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek

Light, but both are nice x

I like the copper, but if your not allowed to keep it could you tone it down a bit?

If not I'd go dark your hair looks in fab condition and trying to go lighter will take its toll on your healthy hair so dark and glossy

I love the copper. Next I like the lighter but I agree it will damage your hair. Dark looks wondeful too on you. Im no help haha!

Keep the copper but go more golden copper.
This might sound nasty to your mum and the bride, but maybe they should have considered people's looks when shopping, they wouldn't ask a 6year old flower girl with natural copper hair to go lighter for the wedding after all. Xoxo

Keep the copper but go more golden copper.
This might sound nasty to your mum and the bride, but maybe they should have considered people's looks when shopping, they wouldn't ask a 6year old flower girl with natural copper hair to go lighter for the wedding after all. Xoxo

Its your hair. I hate when brides think they own their bridesmaids. She will be making you weigh in once a week to make sure your dress fits perfectly or booking you in for subtle botox to ensure her photographs are perfect if you dont put your foot down now.
Im a natural red head (enhanced with 7.4 and 6.64) and the majority of my wardrobe id greens. Maybe its more a case of her being uncomfortable with how attractive you are and trying to make you blend in with the scenery?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek

My vote is for the copper, really suits you.

Mmm...if you look on a colour wheel then coppery red-orange colours are right opposite the blue-green colour, true complementary colours.

So yes, copper would look gorgeous - maybe too gorgeous though, on another's wedding day!

Haha I love you lot!

It's my brothers wedding so must do what I'm told I'm afraid. I do think the copper looks awesome next to the dress as its a good clash and as you've all said opposite on a colour wheel but I think that they think it's too bright.

Just need to make a blimmin decision as if I want to go back light I need to start now as the wedding is in October. The other bridesmaid has beautiful olive skin (she has some foreign blood in her but not sure what) and lovely curly black hair so I'm going to look poop next to her anyway!

Haha I love you lot!

It's my brothers wedding so must do what I'm told I'm afraid. I do think the copper looks awesome next to the dress as its a good clash and as you've all said opposite on a colour wheel but I think that they think it's too bright.

Just need to make a blimmin decision as if I want to go back light I need to start now as the wedding is in October. The other bridesmaid has beautiful olive skin (she has some foreign blood in her but not sure what) and lovely curly black hair so I'm going to look poop next to her anyway!

Beauty comes from confidence.

Beauty comes from confidence.

Agreed.
Take a close up look of the catwalk models, most are pig ugly with bad teeth, gaunt cheeks, thin lips and sunken eyes, and yet people talk about their beauty. X

I love your colour in pics 2 and 3 :)

I like picture 2 and 3 :) x

Thank you ladies, think I'm going to have another couple weeks with the copper then get started with going back lighter. Good job my hairdresser is one of my best friends! :)

Latest posts

Back