Hair colour help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lafadf87

Reaction score
Hiya my current client is 100% very stubborn grey. I currently use 15mls 66/0 and 45mls of 77/0- 20volume. She wants to go 1/2 a shade lighter but don’t know what to use.

Use 2part 77/0 + 1part 88/0 + 6% on root and to shift the ends use 10/0 + 9%

Use 2part 77/0 + 1part 88/0 + 6% on root and to shift the ends use 10/0 + 9%
Would this give a band at all on the roots? So if I done 1/2 77/0 and 15mls 88/0?

Would this give a band at all on the roots? So if I done 1/2 77/0 and 15mls 88/0?
Not is you lifted the ends to match the lighter root. Obviously if you apply a lighter colour on the root and leave the ends then obviously you'd get banding

Yes I get you, was not wanting to lift the colour that much. Wanted to just do it gradually to be honest.

Yes I get you, was not wanting to lift the colour that much. Wanted to just do it gradually to be honest.
You could try doing a Malibu c colour correction or colour prepare treatment. This will buff the hair slightly to remove excess colour. It's not a bleach or colour remover. Just a bit stronger than a deep cleansing shampoo.

1/2 a shade lighter should be okay and shouldn't leave banding if you have are careful and have been previously .Unless there is buildup where the lady has had it put through before then the fade and sun should have lightened the previous tint the 1/2 shade. I would never go more than half a shade every other time , and avoid putting anything other than a lighter semi ( to add gloss and correct tone ) on the ends .

1/2 a shade lighter should be okay and shouldn't leave banding if you have are careful and have been previously .Unless there is buildup where the lady has had it put through before then the fade and sun should have lightened the previous tint the 1/2 shade. I would never go more than half a shade every other time , and avoid putting anything other than a lighter semi ( to add gloss and correct tone ) on the ends .
Thankyou. What shade would you go for? Her hair is quite dark was thinking of using 6/0 instead of the double first of all

I'm sorry , I misread 100% grey for 100% white ! Which natural base is she ? Double bases are better for whiter or more resistant hair .I'd usually just change my amounts and start to move half lvl up on the same tone if the hair is white , but if the natural hair is dark it would start to reveal more warmth .

That’s ok, so I normally used 45mls 77/0 and 15mls 66/0 roots and then refresh the ends. Not sure what do to this time as she wants to go half a shade lighter. X

That’s ok, so I normally used 45mls 77/0 and 15mls 66/0 roots and then refresh the ends. Not sure what do to this time as she wants to go half a shade lighter. X
Your formula is 3/4 77/0 + 1/4 66/0 so if you want to go half a shade lighter you need to use 1/2 77/0 + 1/2 88/0

Do u think this will create a band in the hair?

Do u think this will create a band in the hair?
No if it's only half a shade lighter , do you have a photo of said client?

No if it's only half a shade lighter , do you have a photo of said client?
Unfortunately I don’t have a photo on f her hair. Do u think if I do half and half it will be a lot lighter and noticeable?

Latest posts

Back