Hair colouring advise

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loubylou

Reaction score
My step daughter is getting married in less than 4 weeks and we need to get her hair coloured,
she lives too far away for her to use my hairdresser so we will have to trust a stranger :eek:
she has natural strawberry blonde / ginger hair, she usually bleaches it herself with the otc rubbish and yes it goes that horrible shade of dirty yellow lol
anyway last time she did it a brightish red, it has not covered all her hair as it is quite long,
she wanted to dye it herself for the wedding but i said NO WAY she has to go to a professional,
she wants to go to a dark blonde/lightest brown,
before trusting her hair to a stranger i would like to know
do they need to do anything to get rid of the red first or can they just get on with colouring it,
i am asking because i will be watching the hairdresser like a hawk to make sure she is doing it how you professionals have told me it should be done,
hairdressers don't tend to have their certs on display like therapists do so i am never too sure when in a new hairdressers ( i have suffered to many disasters to leave it to chance for her wedding)

helo!! when u say she coloured it bright red do u mean like a plum/ mahogany colour?? if yes... when u put bleach/highlites on top of this colour its always going 2 go a gingery golden blond, u wont get a white creamy blond for quite some time! from a hairdressers point of view plum, or any red shade is the worse colour 2 have 2 bleach over and it wouldnt surprise me if maby they wouldnt? just bcoz of the work involved, they wil probably try and get her 2 have something else done, like full head tint in a dark colour (over the plum) with scattered highlites just 2 break it up, and then in time go blonder. u have left it quite late 2 go from plum 2 blond, quite a lot of work involved, full head hightlites, which will have a gingery outcome, especially bcoz of ur daughters natural colour.. her hair could also be quite damaged after this?? they also might want 2 try and strip the red 1st? best of luck 2 u and ur daughter, i hope maby they can offer u another colour/ idea which isnt so complicated and so much involved! let us know how is goes xxxx :hug:

Where does she live (roughly) maybe one of us can help :idea:

Thanks for your advise Laura,
she lives in Middleton, Leeds, Becki but has booked in with her mums hairdressers in castleford, which is a bit of a nightmare as this lady usually does the older client iykwim

Latest posts

Back