Hair colouring while pregnant

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kay18

Reaction score
Hey geeks
I'm new to this so not sure if I'm doin it right but just needed advise on hair and being pregnant... Basically I'm a mobile hairdresser and I'm pregnant an I want to change my hair colour! I no what I want and how to achieve it but worried that it's not the best idea while I'm preggers! I no its awful but if it was a client I propably would say its not a big deal as I'm applying no colour to her scalp but as its my first baby I'm just worried my hair won't take it well! I have a 4 semi all over usually and just want some foils pulled thro and toned to a 7, my hair is thick and good condition! What do we reckon? Go ahead?
Thanks guys x

well ive always had my hair done through pregnancy and always been fine x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I would say take a snip from your hair and do a test, that way you know for definate.

There is no evidence to prove that colouring your hair when pregnant can harm the unborn baby, however there is no proof that it can't, it is simply personal preference and how you feel, however due to the change in hormone levels and additional hormones in your body your hairs structire can be affected and may react differently to how you would have expected it to had you not been pregnant, definately would suggest do a test piece to see how your hair reacts, and what condition it is left in afterwards and decide from there.

Aww thank you, that's a good idea. I spose u worry abit more when it's ur own hair and baby! X

Aww thank you, that's a good idea. I spose u worry abit more when it's ur own hair and baby! X

Posibly, but then again if i was to have a client who was pregnant it would be sandard practice to do a test piece first, possibly as i have 2 children and know my self the changes my hair went through when i was pregnant and after i had baby!!

I had a friend who was pregnant and she always had a scalp bleach however when she was pregnant it wouldn't lift past baby chicken yellow. same product and peroxide used weird eh xx

I had a friend who was pregnant and she always had a scalp bleach however when she was pregnant it wouldn't lift past baby chicken yellow. same product and peroxide used weird eh xx

Same thing happened to me!! Although my hair naturally went lighter - the bleach and toner I have had on for years wouldn't go to its usual colour! It happened all three times!!

When I was pregnant my hair took quickly with colour... And when had my last child a son - all the extra hair you acquire I kept! It didn't naturally fall out like previous preg.. Oh and it went from dead straight to very wavy
Weird 😳

Latest posts

Back