Hair complaint help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Genni

Reaction score
We have just taken over a salon. A friend of the ex owner came in yesterday (saturday) at 11.30 for a cut and blow.she had a total attitude from start as our one was off sick so we were running late. I've just woke up to a message on Facebook that she posted at 9.30 last night saying she had just noticed that it's not straight and she's going on holiday Monday morning so she wants us to sort it before then. She hasn't sent any photos and I haven't answered yet as I was looking for advice first. I am a beauty therapist so I can't do it myself so that's not an option x

A friend of the ex owner came in yesterday x

If you’re going on holiday, you don’t get your hair cut at the last minute by a new hairdresser, do you, especially when you’re friends with the previous owner. Nope, call me cynical but I don’t buy that. I think she’s deliberately trying to sabotage you. If it wasn’t straight, why didn’t she say so at the time?

It’s a haircut not emergency contraception so suggest she pops in when she’s back from holiday and you’ll be happy to look at it then, then block her. One person isn’t going to ruin you, so don’t stress over it.

Any advice on how we can word that in a pm x

I would post a reply on the page to pop in after her holiday and you’ll take a look at it then. Keep it short and sweet and don’t PM her. That will just encourage her to come back with more nonsense.

I think you have to be businesslike but realistic. This isn’t a client that’s interested in supporting your business so don’t waste time trying to win her over. That’s unlikely to happen. Focus your energies on getting new clients in and wowing them.

She originally sent it as a pm. She hasn't posted anything on our page....yet so I would prefer to keep her off it. Do you think if we blocked her afterwards it would just rile her up to post a complaint under a different Facebook account?
I saw someone mention about an auto reply on messenger for out of office hours. I might try and look into that. Thanks x

She originally sent it as a pm. She hasn't posted anything on our page....yet so I would prefer to keep her off it. Do you think if we blocked her afterwards it would just rile her up to post a complaint under a different Facebook account?
I saw someone mention about an auto reply on messenger for out of office hours. I might try and look into that. Thanks x
I use the auto reply on messenger, it's much easier, mine says something like "thank you for your message, we aim to be as responsive as possible, we'll get back to you soon ."

Latest posts

Back