Hair damage help?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lois Edwards

Reaction score
So I’ve been hairdressing for 12 years
My friend and has bleached blonde hair but likes it heavily foiled and an ashy toner
I use bleach 6% and olaplex
We had a problem with damage when she was pregnant and I’d been doin the same thing a year or more previous so blamed it a mixture on pregnancy as well as her having it bleached foiled to often
So now she leaves it longer for her roots to be done so we don’t have to much overlap

I foiled her yesterday and when We blowdried Noticed baby hairs through the
front a couple of inched long
She said its snapped and it must of
I feel terrible it’s not that bad but jus feel so bad about it even though it can be hidden it’s not the point
Where do I go from here
im frightened to do it in the future
I always try my best jus to just touch the root but that’s I could of been more thorough I guess the bleach expanded and overlapped
She’s my friend too so feel bad about the whole thing but I always try my best and never had this problem on clients and I’m in a very busy salon
Any advice thankyou

How long ago was the pregnancy because baby hairs around the hairline is very common after pregnancy as it’s just new growth.

Yes and my friend used to have that at school
But apparently doesn’t now
Her baby is over a year old and she says this is defiantly new damage [emoji85]

What hair care is she using, recommend her to use something for repair this will help.

I agree with AcidPerm it is probably new growth after giving birth x

If anything to avoid overlapping put olaplex number 2 on the already blonded hair in the foil next to the bleach to prevent any expanding and overlapping!

Latest posts

Back