Hair dilemma

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shezybabes

Reaction score
I have just popped over from the Nail Forum with a question. I have blonde foil highlighted hair which has about 3 inches root growth at the moment. I used the John Frieda Blonde shampoo and conditioner on it and have ended up with gingerish roots now. I lost my hair 5 years ago when I had chemotherapy and when it came back in it came back curly.

I blow dry my hair every second day but straighten it everyday, I seem to have singed the ends. I have been using the Aussie haircare range to wash and condition for a week now but my hair is quite greasy now.

Can anyone recommend products to help the condition but when I go and get it highlighted again will the regrowth bit be a problem.

I doubt your hairdresser will be happy to highlight again until they have done an incompatibility test because of the shampoo and conditioner you used, if you can get to a salon that sells matrix get yourself the Total Results Repair range, and a good clarifying shampoo for use once a week x

I have just popped over from the Nail Forum with a question. I have blonde foil highlighted hair which has about 3 inches root growth at the moment. I used the John Frieda Blonde shampoo and conditioner on it and have ended up with gingerish roots now. I lost my hair 5 years ago when I had chemotherapy and when it came back in it came back curly.

I blow dry my hair every second day but straighten it everyday, I seem to have singed the ends. I have been using the Aussie haircare range to wash and condition for a week now but my hair is quite greasy now.

Can anyone recommend products to help the condition but when I go and get it highlighted again will the regrowth bit be a problem.

Aussie isnt great shampoo and conditioner, your hairs probably overloaded with silicone now which is probably why its feeling greasy. Pureology do a range called Perfect for Platinum, designed for hair with 4 or more levels of lift. It keeps the blonde clean and bright whilst reconstructing it with protien. It smells amazing too! They have a miricle filler which is super lightweight so wont weigh your hair down. Its all organic, envoromentally friendly and natural. Honestly worth the price tag, it lasts for months!
You really really must use a heat protecter every time you straighten too, Joico Thermal Rescue is great.
Hope that helps
xxxxx

Ace. You owe me £100 by now I reckon :wink2:
The stuffs good though isnt it?
xx

Ace. You owe me £100 by now I reckon :wink2:
The stuffs good though isnt it?
xx

I only pay when they order! Yes it really is the best on the market IMO

I only pay when they order! Yes it really is the best on the market IMO

I wonder if people round here would pay that price?!

Have you got a contact number or any info?

Blue, it's owned by the same company that own matrix! Keep up!
I would recommend you trial it though, it really is superb.

Blue, it's owned by the same company that own matrix! Keep up!
I would recommend you trial it though, it really is superb.

Oh S"&t yeah!! I completely forgot!!! How would I go about trailing it x

Thanks everyone, ginger roots look awful on me lol

John Freda is awful-it has messed up a fair few of my clients hair-I had one use it whilst she was on holiday and she came in and in places her hair was luminous green. Stop using that right away!!!! Like everyone says invest in some good hair care and ask your hairdresser to do a compatibility test! Good luck

Latest posts

Back