Hair disaster

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaniBeautyAngel

Reaction score
Afternoon everyone!

Not a hairdresser, but asking for some advice for my sister.

So she had her hair cut and coloured on Tuesday paid £150 on closer inspection about a day later when she went to tie her hair up she discovered that the underneath hadn’t been coloured to what she wanted, very patchy and orange (she wanted baylage - can’t spell it!)

She messaged the original hair dresser voicing her concerns but the only time she could get her back in was next week, which wasn’t ideal as my sister has gone on holiday today. Having a beauty business myself, any faults or anything I’ve done wrong I want to get my client back in straight away not a week later.

She had to go to another hairdresser who said that the colour and cut was awful and had to dye it all brown to get an even tone.

The original hairdresser has now blocked my sister and refuses to communicate or acknowledge her mistake.

What can she do?

Afternoon everyone!

Not a hairdresser, but asking for some advice for my sister.

So she had her hair cut and coloured on Tuesday paid £150 on closer inspection about a day later when she went to tie her hair up she discovered that the underneath hadn’t been coloured to what she wanted, very patchy and orange (she wanted baylage - can’t spell it!)

She messaged the original hair dresser voicing her concerns but the only time she could get her back in was next week, which wasn’t ideal as my sister has gone on holiday today. Having a beauty business myself, any faults or anything I’ve done wrong I want to get my client back in straight away not a week later.

She had to go to another hairdresser who said that the colour and cut was awful and had to dye it all brown to get an even tone.

The original hairdresser has now blocked my sister and refuses to communicate or acknowledge her mistake.

What can she do?
She can call the salon and ask to speak to the manager, this is no longer an issue to be discussed with the stylist but the manager instead. Although I do suspect that now that the bad coloured work has been covered over, they have no visual evidence of the incompetency. Therefore I do feel that they may not accept responsibility. I do see your pont about seeing an unhappy client as soon as possible, but if you're fully booked and the earliest space you have is a weeks time, what do you do then? They offered to put it right and it wasn't convenient for your sister. There's only so many lengths you can expect them to go to, before coming to the conclusion that your sister doesn't want to come back.

Last edited:
Probably nothing much.
Your sister should have returned to the original salon and shown them the uneven sections instead of getting someone else to colour over it. Even if they couldn’t fit her in straightaway, she’d have shown them evidence of their mistake and they could have negotiated a partial refund or whatever.
I think now that the evidence has been coloured over, there’s little she can do about it.

However, why did the second hairdresser colour it brown rather than simply lighten and tone the uneven/orange sections?
That’s just weird and something I’d expect a client to do as a diy job when they try to correct a home bleach error, but not something a competent hairdresser should ever do.

Latest posts

Back