Hair disaster

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilly

Reaction score
I went out yesterday and came home to my 20 year old som looking a bit panicked !

He has, or had, beautiful natrual auburn hair 6/34, he decided in his wisdom to bleach his hair!! ( now a 2 and the back and sides but maybe 3 to 4 inches on top)

It obv went 10/34 ( he picked this out on my kp chart) ish so bleached again then stuck on a loreal ( I think) silver grey then a blue toner.... It awful!!

I'm going to my whole sale this morn to hopefully correct...
He still wants the grey () I'm thinking of a small root stretch as I think it needs to look a darker shade on his roots as he's so
pale

I'm not good with fashion toners, can someone recome d anything to make this disaster look reasonable please?

Lol, kids eh?

If he‘s used bleach, tint and various developers in succession, I’d probably be inclined to put a direct dye semi on it rather than more peroxide as effectively, it’s just a coloured conditioner rather than an oxidising colour and so less damaging. Plus it won’t leave an obvious regrowth issue as I can’t really picture the grey against naturally beautiful red hair without thinking it will look a bit odd.

So what shade is his hair now? With already adding 2lots of colour, it may be worth gently cleansing some out first, before depositing new colour.
Is it silver or anything close to silver?
You do have to be careful as I'm sure you know, because of the natural skin tone etc, such a cool colour could make him look ill.

Lol, kids eh?

If he‘s used bleach, tint and various developers in succession, I’d probably be inclined to put a direct dye semi on it rather than more peroxide as effectively, it’s just a coloured conditioner rather than an oxidising colour and so less damaging. Plus it won’t leave an obvious regrowth issue as I can’t really picture the grey against naturally beautiful red hair without thinking it will look a bit odd.
He's looking very pale

So what shade is his hair now? With already adding 2lots of colour, it may be worth gently cleansing some out first, before depositing new colour.
Is it silver or anything close to silver?
You do have to be careful as I'm sure you know, because of the natural skin tone etc, such a cool colour could make him look ill.
He looks very ill ! Almost
translucent!

He looks very ill ! Almost
translucent!
I'd maybe try and convince him to go for more of a white look instead. Ash will suck the colour out of the skin. If he insists on grey / silver opt for a more earthy grey, rather than like a cool grey.

I'd maybe try and convince him to go for more of a white look instead. Ash will suck the colour out of the skin. If he insists on grey / silver opt for a more earthy grey, rather than like a cool grey.
Oh my goodness, you are a saint!!! . What about something like : “ my dear son, you have damaged your hair , scalp and wasted product, here, a nice razor will get rid of the mess, and being bald saves you time and effort messing your hair any further. As of colour, imagine any colour you want and pretend it is on your hairless head”
Love,
Your parent

I ended up doing a darker grey on the back and sides and a about an inch on the roots, fading it out and left the mud and ends lighter and put a silver towner on it..... He is walking around like he owns it ! God knows how I'll deal with the re growth

Hi! Hope you're well. Quick update on the sons hair..... He's spending more money on silver shampoo than he earns! He want to go back to Nat ( yey!) as you know I'm nervous around colour !!
Could I go straight in with say colour touch 8/41?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200709_092434_com.whatsapp.jpg
    Screenshot_20200709_092434_com.whatsapp.jpg
    775.6 KB · Views: 48
  • Screenshot_20200709_092421.jpg
    Screenshot_20200709_092421.jpg
    370.3 KB · Views: 48
Hi! Hope you're well. Quick update on the sons hair..... He's spending more money on silver shampoo than he earns! He want to go back to Nat ( yey!) as you know I'm nervous around colour !!
Could I go straight in with say colour touch 8/41?
No I'd pre pig first especially after it being so bleached. I also wouldn't use 8/41 as the hair you're applying it to is already void of any warmth and in fact is already cool toned.
Take a look at 8/43 + 7/37 instead :)

No I'd pre pig first especially after it being so bleached. I also wouldn't use 8/41 as the hair you're applying it to is already void of any warmth and in fact is already cool toned.
Take a look at 8/43 + 7/37 instead :)
Thanks ! All done and looking 'normal' once again !

Latest posts

Back