Hair extension client complaint

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sallie ford

Miss-s
Reaction score
Hi guys
Jst a bit of advice I'm seeking please I've been doing extensions for nearly 5 yrs

On the 5th of December I fitted prebonded dip dye extensions for a lady Indian remy grade 4a black and red aftercare given explain down to the the last letter telling her this is a must and she be treated like the holy grail

All was good after installation
So on the 11th Dec I had a message from the client saying red at the bottom of the extension was making all of her clothes and bedding red
Bare in mind she told me it happened when it was dry not wet
She request that the red to be cut out from the extensions so on the 13th me and my stylist went to her home and cut it out of the extensions
To our horror the extension was servely matted so myself and my stylist removed all these matting I checked all the bonds. Once I again I gave her the 3rd degree of aftercare she also told my stylist that she hadn't done anything with it but once the cut was done She was once again happy

The red what was cut out I said I would send bk to the supplier with my concerns .i emailed the supplier who told me for them to have them back it would need to be all intact and not jst the red bummer I thought so I did a bit of test of my own
I tested them dry rubbing the hair between thick kitchen paper nothing came off
I tested them via heat in between kitchen paper nothing came off the extension

So we thought all was good
Christmas Eve came 12.35am I received a message saying u have ruined my hair my self esteem and my Christmas party it took 2 hrs to remove the bag of crap hair she called it
I messaged her asking what was wrong
She said they were to short
Then it was that I caused the matting
Then it was I glued all her hair together (baring in my mystylist saw the hair on the 13th and removed the matting)
She wouldn't tell me how she removed them or when or what with
As she carried on ranting at I made it very clear she hadn't followed aftercare nor was qualified to remove the extensions and doing this if her hair was to be damaged it would be upon her actions
After she carried on ranting she said that she was in the bath and something to do with conditioner and her husband was holding the hair

Then in an other sentence she said that they were falling and she had to remove the rat ends as she called it the bonds were small as I would normally apply
She asked for the name of my supplier and stated that she would be seeking legal action
I have haven't admitted to anything and clearly pointed out she was to blame
The only issue I have is that my insurance said they won't cover me because I fitted them out of the salon
So I dnt know what to do
Thank u for reading my thread
I've been doing extensions nearly 5 years using the same supplier with no issues xxxx

Legal action lol? She can only sue you for breach of contract, so I can't see how she'd have a case?
Definitely keep all the messages and especially the one from Christmas Eve which clearly demonstrates how unreasonable she has been towards you.

Also, for future reference, ALWAYS provide a typed written aftercare sheet at every service. That way, you can refer to it when unscrupulous clients try to bully you.

Breach of contract?
I've got all the messages she ever sent me right from the beginning
I've given her a sheet on aftercare but she can always say I didn't give her one
She also told me that she's had extensions before and she knew how to take care of them clearly she hadn't a clue x

I think your client's been watching too many American soap style dramas.
You can't just sue someone because you're having a bad hair day. Unless you did something directly to her that caused her actual harm, she has no obvious grounds to sue you.

I wouldn't waste another moment worrying about the silly woman.

I think your client's been watching too many American soap style dramas.
You can't just sue someone because you're having a bad hair day. Unless you did something directly to her that caused her actual harm, she has no obvious grounds to sue you.

I wouldn't waste another moment worrying about the silly woman.
Thanks beaut I feel better as it's been bothering all Christmas x

Hey! I'm just wondering if anyone could help me out here please. I did my extension course around 2 years ago and I've done countless of extension sets since then and I've never had any major problems. A week ago, my client had a set of extensions done (method of mini locks) and since then 10 extensions have fallen out and I'm completely stumped as to how this has happened. I've never experienced a set of extensions to fall out this rapidly and she's explaining to me that she's followed all the maintenance correctly. Could you help me to understand if there could be any other factors that could contribute to why the extensions are falling out in just one week?
Thank you!

Possibly shes not following the aftercare or her hair is too slippy for them x

Latest posts

Back