Hair extension client no show, what would you do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi girls and gents.

I had a client booked in for bair extension consultation.

Messaged and texted client and I've had no reply to confirm that client is still attending appointment.

It's now 15mintutes past the appointment time and I take it the client is not turning up.

How do you deal with no shows?

Was thinking of applying a cancellation or no show fee.

As I'm self employed I can't afford like the rest of you'd to lose out on income.

I've lost out on £120 due to cancellation.

Not sure the.best way with how to deal with no shows. Xx

Not much you can do . In future take a deposit on booking. Then if they no show they loose thier deposit. At least you have made something.

You could always invoice her for a set percentage say 50%, make it clear on your price list and Facebook page that this Is what you will do for no shows. I know it’s difficult to get the money from a client but even putting this rule out there, may make them think twice as after all we are in this business to make money, not just for the fun of it x

Why have you lost out if it was a consultation? Most places/people dont charge for consultations

I put them in my phone as timewaster, then when they ring again, i ignore it! They don't get another appointment.

Why have you lost out if it was a consultation? Most places/people dont charge for consultations

Booking a consultation and stating they wanted the hair fitted as soon as possible. I made space for fitting which the space could have been filled or I could have had the extra time with my son. I had spoken on the phone to the client and everything went smoothly and I booked consultation. I waited In and luckily I hadn't arranged childcare as I could have lost money. In future I will be taking deposits for all consultations so that I dont get time wasters. I cant afford to waste a 30minute.- 1hr appointment when I could have had someone else fitted in.. x

Not much you can do . In future take a deposit on booking. Then if they no show they loose thier deposit. At least you have made something.

Thank you for your reply, unfortunately I think I will need to be more firm, as I cant afford time wasters xx

I put them in my phone as timewaster, then when they ring again, i ignore it! They don't get another appointment.

Agreed I wont be allowing the client to rebook unless they pay a deposit to secure appointment. Xx

You could always invoice her for a set percentage say 50%, make it clear on your price list and Facebook page that this Is what you will do for no shows. I know it’s difficult to get the money from a client but even putting this rule out there, may make them think twice as after all we are in this business to make money, not just for the fun of it x
Thank you for your reply. Yes I was more upset my times was wasted and I made arrangements when I could have spent the extra time with my son rather than arranging a baby sitter. Like you said it's a business its how we make our earnings. Not a hobby.

I have learned my lesson now. Xx

Booking a consultation and stating they wanted the hair fitted as soon as possible. I made space for fitting which the space could have been filled or I could have had the extra time with my son. I had spoken on the phone to the client and everything went smoothly and I booked consultation. I waited In and luckily I hadn't arranged childcare as I could have lost money. In future I will be taking deposits for all consultations so that I dont get time wasters. I cant afford to waste a 30minute.- 1hr appointment when I could have had someone else fitted in.. x
Ohhh ok makes sense if you was meant to be fitting same day, yea i think if that situation arises again ask for deposit and tbf if this lady gets back intouch to rebook (if shes got the cheek) id charge her extra for no show x

I take deposit to secure appointment

I take a £10 non refundable deposit for consultations which comes off the end cost .
But if there is a reason I couldn’t do there hair I would refund the £10. just saying non refundable stops time wasters even booking it

I always take a desposit, you have to cover your costs, it's so frustrating xx

Latest posts

Back