Hair extension coating

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buxom

Reaction score
Does any have any experience with “coating” hair? I have a client who’s coating has worn off and wants me to look into re-coating rather than getting her new hair.

I have dimethicone but can’t find any information on this process. Has anyone heard anything on this?

Thanks!

Coating? I’m not sure what u mean by this. I know they used to coat some hair with a polymer to make it appear smooth and shiny but that’s because the cuticle was removed. I haven’t heard of recoating hair so would be curious to hear more about the process!

Coating? I’m not sure what u mean by this. I know they used to coat some hair with a polymer to make it appear smooth and shiny but that’s because the cuticle was removed. I haven’t heard of recoating hair so would be curious to hear more about the process!

Lesser quality hair companies will do a silicone coating to give the illusion it is top quality, and once it wears off the hair goes to hell in a handbag. I’ve reheard it can be recoated but can’t find what the process is called or how to!

Lesser quality hair companies will do a silicone coating to give the illusion it is top quality, and once it wears off the hair goes to hell in a handbag. I’ve reheard it can be recoated but can’t find what the process is called or how to!
It's a process that's done at the time of manufacture, it can't be done at home on hair that has already been applied. Don't get bogged down trying to fix problems like this, your client needs to buy better hair if she wants it to last longer.

Latest posts

Back