Hair extension detectability

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buxom

Reaction score
Hello Geeks!

What is the optimal in your opinion type of extension for a fine but still strong enough hair type that has trouble hiding their extensions?

Personally, I feel the fusions are ideal- as I’ve done tapes, microlink wefts and pieces.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Hello Geeks!

What is the optimal in your opinion type of extension for a fine but still strong enough hair type that has trouble hiding their extensions?

Personally, I feel the fusions are ideal- as I’ve done tapes, microlink wefts and pieces.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.
nano rings 100% or tapes at the back and nanos on the sides (best combination for your hair type ) x

nano rings 100% or tapes at the back and nanos on the sides (best combination for your hair type ) x

Darn, tapes were the worst I’ve found yet! Thanks for your input.

Darn, tapes were the worst I’ve found yet! Thanks for your input.
oh no, did you have the invisible types? go for Nano rings you will not look back x

oh no, did you have the invisible types? go for Nano rings you will not look back x

They were! Nano links sound good, what will be the main difference between those and fusions?

They were! Nano links sound good, what will be the main difference between those and fusions?

Nano rings are:
-90% smaller than a bond
-you can fit at least 25-30 more extensions on the clients head than fusion
-No heat/glue
-Reusable option
-More comfortable to sleep on
-You should lose many
-More flexibility with placement

x

Teeny tiny glue bonds I think. I make my own rather than use the prebonds so u can do them really small [emoji1360][emoji1360]

Teeny tiny glue bonds I think. I make my own rather than use the prebonds so u can do them really small [emoji1360][emoji1360]

Like tiny keratin glue bonds for fusion!? [emoji3]

Nano rings are:
-90% smaller than a bond
-you can fit at least 25-30 more extensions on the clients head than fusion
-No heat/glue
-Reusable option
-More comfortable to sleep on
-You should lose many
-More flexibility with placement

x

Sorry but I have to disagree. The bond on nano's are huge compared to tailor-made micro bonds and they are far too heavy for fine hair. Cramming an extra 25-30 hair extensions in is not doing the clients natural hair any favours.

Sorry but I have to disagree. The bond on nano's are huge compared to tailor-made micro bonds and they are far too heavy for fine hair. Cramming an extra 25-30 hair extensions in is not doing the clients natural hair any favours.

What do you recommend? Taylor made fusions?

I would use flat tips and cut them in half x

I would use flat tips and cut them in half x

Is that half length wise to reduce weight. Or half width wise to reduce to visibility of the large bond?

Also agree, nanos aren’t suitable for very fine hair the sections are tiny to accommodate the teeny rings and the tips are still quite heavy so overloading can occur.

Is that half length wise to reduce weight. Or half width wise to reduce to visibility of the large bond?

Hey! Just following up with you :) Are the tops of extra keratin being cut, or are you cutting some weight of the hair or both? Thank you!

Latest posts

Back