Hair extension disaster (advice needed)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cara1982

Reaction score
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Hi, this is another cry for advice!
I had some micro bond extensions fitted almost 3 weeks ago and I hate them!
As soon as I got home I noticed the colour wasn't a good match, and they seemed to separate about 15 minutes after brushing them.

In the first 10 days I had lost about 15 extensions, so called the salon who invited me in. The hairdresser put a few highlights through the top section of hair and razored the ends and they looked so much better.

As soon as I got home, I noticed they have separated in the ends again, and I guess I just want to know if this is normal? I would really like to go somewhere else to get them fixed, but guess I'm a little scared to ask for a refund in case these are as good as they're going to get, or the way they should look!
I'd be really grateful if anyone can look through these pictures and give some advice as to if this is normal?
Many thanks

I'm not an extensionist (that a word? Lol) but they don't look right [emoji20] and the after photo looks like they are too razored so they are all wispy!

Last edited:
The colour match isn't perfect but it mainly looks like the problem with the separating is that there's not enough bonds in there to blend properly with your natural hair and lay nicely without separating. Check with the salon how many bonds were applied and what gram they are individually .. An average full head would be 150 depending on thickness of your hair and look you're trying to achieve.. Individual gram of each bond is between 0.5 and 1g normally again depending on your type of hair

Ahh now that would make sense. I have seen lots of pictures of lively neat rows of extensions. Mine are just scattered through the back of my hair. They don't seem to be very close to each other.
I shall ask her how many she put in.
Thanks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 198
That looks quite messy but it's hard to tell without being there in person but there's definitely not enough in there I would say .. This is not my work but an example of how a row of extensions should look
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1439156590.013936.jpg

The amount of disasters I've seen from actual "hairdressers" is unreal. And I get scoffed at because I'm "just" an extensionist...

How an actual hairdresser can think this looks ok baffles me, I don't understand why you would let your clients advertise your work looking like this?!

OP - I'd be going back and asking for a removal and refund for the mess they've made! Hope you get it sorted x

Thank you. I really appreciate all of your advice. Not being a hair dresser, it's hard to know what's 'right'
I'm trying to pluck up the courage to ask for a refund. For £310, I definitely expected more!
X

For £310 I would DEMAND a refund! What they have done is disgusting!!!!! They should be in neat rows not scattered and that colour match is horrendous!!!!! Not blended at all!!! Here are Some of mine xx
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1439192106.406054.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1439192132.057356.jpg

Ahh I wanted beautiful hair like that! X

Looks like you need more in micro rings xx

Sorry this is terrible for £310! I would go back and demand your money back. Think This is shocking, hope you get somewhere with it xx

Thanks, I have sent her a text (so I can keep a record) and advised her the reasons why I'm unhappy, and asking for a refund. I'm reluctant to let her try to fix it again, I don't want anymore of my hair razored off. I need all of it!!
I'm hoping she'll reply soon.
X

More to the point they haven't colour matched your rings, hence the bright rings on the dark roots xx

Latest posts

Back