Hair extension fitting service only self employed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Starting out

Reaction score
Hi there, currently employed doing the above, for those of you self employed,

do you get the client to order and supply their own hair, and do a fitting service only..

just wondering the approach I can take if going self employed route

I only use my own tested suppliers, take deposit and buy the hair myself x

I only use my own tested suppliers, take deposit and buy the hair myself x
So can I ask have you had to become vat registered, as if become self employed vat seems like a nightmare

So can I ask have you had to become vat registered, as if become self employed vat seems like a nightmare
Hi, you can get all the info re: Starting up on (. Gov website) you only need to worry about VAT if your expected turnover is over £85,000!. Set up can be as Sole Trader if on your own and complete Self Assessment each year. Hth.

Only way to go then is do a fitting service only

My daughter does a consultation and colour match, her client pays for the hair, my daughter orders it from her supplier (Beauty Works) and then charges for the fitting on the day

My daughter does a consultation and colour match, her client pays for the hair, my daughter orders it from her supplier (Beauty Works) and then charges for the fitting on the day
so does she take full amount, I presume your daughter orders it on her card?

just I know people will want me to order hair as will get discount, but then technically that will put me over vat threshold which I want to avoid as I would soon reach my turnover just trying to find best option, seems like being employed is soo much easier

Latest posts

Back