Hair Extension Glue

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pixie_Princess

Reaction score
Hello,

I had racoon hair extensions put in 3 months ago and they were fine up until about a week ago when they started matting at the tops. I asked my friend who works in a salon if she could take them out but i couldnt afford the price i was quoted, so was told i could take them out myself with my straighteners.
I did this last night but its left alot of glue in my hair which i cant get out. I slept overnight in conditioner and have washed my hair about twice today and put on a hot oil treatment but they dont seem to be moving. Does anyone have any advice on how to get the leftover glue out.

Thanks

Kaz

Oh my god they told you to take them out with straighteners?! ive never heard of this before...
To remove extensions you need acetone and a pair of pliers to crush and disolve the bond.
Don't rush this and start pulling at the remaining glue as it will pull your hair with it!

Hello,

I had racoon hair extensions put in 3 months ago and they were fine up until about a week ago when they started matting at the tops. I asked my friend who works in a salon if she could take them out but i couldnt afford the price i was quoted, so was told i could take them out myself with my straighteners.
I did this last night but its left alot of glue in my hair which i cant get out. I slept overnight in conditioner and have washed my hair about twice today and put on a hot oil treatment but they dont seem to be moving. Does anyone have any advice on how to get the leftover glue out.

Thanks

Kaz

Hi Kaz, Yes the best advice is to go to a professionally trained extensionist in a salon
or you could end up with bald patches and thinning hair.

If you had Racoon hair extensions 3 months ago there are usually only two reasons why they started matting at the top,

1) You have not had them regularly maintained ,
eg: this is where the natural hair fall that you get on a day to day basis, its the same hair you normally see in the plug hole or in your brush gets trapped in the top of extension
this trapped hair you will notice is complete with the little white root bulb still attached to it,
if this is not snipped off all of those 200 hair extensions
it will then start to look like nits eggs , dandruff , and looping will occur and it will tangle like dreads at the top of the extensions
this is due to lack of maintenance

2) They are due out and will become worse day by day
and if they are over due , you are risking little bald patches and thinning because by not having them removed on time each extension could be now hanging on by just a few hairs ,
and the weight of the extension will pull those last few hairs out
it should never be allowed to get to this stage

you may think that it's only be a few hairs on each extension ,
but don't forget you may have around 200 of them in ,
just imagine how much hair you may lose :eek: especially if you just leave them , and then try and do it yourself
sometimes people don't realize how vitally important their maintenance appointments are ,
remember the longer you leave your maintenance appointment , the more nasty and tangled it will look ,
and the more time it will take extensionist to maintain them
or or take them out,
this is why it will become more expensive because of all the extra time involved ,

To have beautiful extensions you must be able to commit to look after them, have all the regular maintenance on time,
and have them removed on time,
which in the long run will be far less expensive,
plus your natural hair will have stayed stay thick and will have grown out well whilst the extensions were in.

You must have extensions them taken out after three months wear ,
unless you are having the continual wear ones

Kaz , the reason I have explained in detail is others may also be interested in your thread :hug: x
I do hope you go to a salon for removal
or you could try a local college
as they may be able to help you too ,
so you could give them a ring
anyways , good luck with your removal Kaz :hug: x minky

Thank you for your help, i seem to have gotten most of the glue out now by carefully combing it while having conditioner on but i am going to sleep in conditioner again tonight so that the left over glue at the back and underneath will loosen up.

Kaz x

Thank you for your help, i seem to have gotten most of the glue out now by carefully combing it while having conditioner on but i am going to sleep in conditioner again tonight so that the left over glue at the back and underneath will loosen up.

Kaz x

Hi, Kaz thats good then
I have sent you a pm that may help a bit more :hug: x minky

good to here you are gettin them out. i had them put in at work 2 years ago, did not like taking them out. hope your hair is ok....and wow they told you to use ur hot iron????

Was wondering what you did to get the glue out of your hair? I did the same thing but have yet to get it out of my hair. Please let me know what you used to get it out of your hair.
Thanks

Hello,

Thanks

Kaz

Latest posts

Back