Hair extension help needed!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nail Junkie

Reaction score
Hi hairdressers! Sorry, I've popped over from beauty needing help! I recently went from blonde to dark plum/red with extensions from lush us (rebellion). My hairdresser coloured my own hair 1st then added the extensions but my colour faded very quickly to a chocolate brown. She coloured my full head again this week with the extensions and after just one wash has come out and I'm left with two very obvious Colours. This is the first time I've had hair extensions and i love them but I feel like they are a bit frizzy and knotty since the full head colour?

Any advice I can put forward as I'm paying her a visit this week!?

Please help x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1352669734.944231.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1352669734.944231.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 122
Really you should of had your hair coloured a few times to get a build up on there to stop it fading so much before you had the extensions fitted, your hair will fade more than extensions because you were blonde before

Agree with babychops :) also, lush us/rebeilion state that their hair should not be coloured so that may be the cause of the frizzy/knotty-ness xx

Agree I always allow time for fade, if its a lot then wait until more color has been done then faded again before fitting. I won't dye extensions x

Thanks ladies. I had no clue that it wasn't a good idea to dye the extensions and I'm absolutely gutted. What do you think is best for my next move? Another full head colour or removal to build up my own colour and start again? Dreading the visit to the salon now but it will be interesting to see her views on what to do x

P.S I have no clue when it comes to hair lol xx

If it keeps fading you don't want to keep putting permanent tint on it as its just tone tell your stylist you want a true semi out in then some for you to take home and top up with being careful to only put it on your own hair x

Latest posts

Back