Hair extension help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

staceycheers

Reaction score
Hi everyone I’m hoping you can help.
I am recently qualified in extensions but I’m finding it hard to start off. I have girls message me for prices and I have been offering them prices which literally covers the hair and postage cost and they are saying that it’s too much? I have been giving them quotes of angel remy hair and even offering them free fitting while I’m newly qualified so I’m not making any money on them at all.
I feel like they just want something for nothing. Even to the point where they will say “well someone else has quoted me this can you match it” the price they are telling me is Atleast £100 cheaper so when I inform them that this is either not angel remy or will be a cheaper brand then are still asking for my hair at this price.
I have given them prices of cheaper brands and made it clear that the hair won’t lag as long but then then arnt happy with that!
In all honesty I’m at a loss! I don’t know what to do or where to turn in relation to it so any help will be much appreciated!
I have an account with SJK extensions are there any other brands that are cheap and good that I can offer to them?
(sorry for the rant)

I’m having the same sort of problem

Hi everyone I’m hoping you can help.
I am recently qualified in extensions but I’m finding it hard to start off. I have girls message me for prices and I have been offering them prices which literally covers the hair and postage cost and they are saying that it’s too much? I have been giving them quotes of angel remy hair and even offering them free fitting while I’m newly qualified so I’m not making any money on them at all.
I feel like they just want something for nothing. Even to the point where they will say “well someone else has quoted me this can you match it” the price they are telling me is Atleast £100 cheaper so when I inform them that this is either not angel remy or will be a cheaper brand then are still asking for my hair at this price.
I have given them prices of cheaper brands and made it clear that the hair won’t lag as long but then then arnt happy with that!
In all honesty I’m at a loss! I don’t know what to do or where to turn in relation to it so any help will be much appreciated!
I have an account with SJK extensions are there any other brands that are cheap and good that I can offer to them?
(sorry for the rant)

Euphoria one are good quality I use this suppler.

How have you been advertising? Are you a hairdresser? x

How have you been advertising? Are you a hairdresser? x
I’m not a qualified hairdresser I do beauty but trained in extensions and work in a family salon a couple of days a week as well as working from home. I find it’s more people who doesn’t go to the salon and have found me online who are being like this and it’s so frustrating!

Stick to your prices, keep advertising, these people that want something for nothing will probably be nightmare clients anyway ...people will start coming eventually give it time, don’t forget its jan every one is broke xx

Stick to your prices, keep advertising, these people that want something for nothing will probably be nightmare clients anyway ...people will start coming eventually give it time, don’t forget its jan every one is broke xx
Thank you so much! Xx

I agree. Tell them your prices aren’t negotiable, if they want cheap then they can go get cheap, they will soon return to you once their hair matts and only lasts a few weeks! Sell your hair by telling them that as it’s better quality it can be reused so will actually end up being cheaper in the long run. Don’t compromise because if u do u will end up supplying low quality hair and will gain a bad reputation soon as you start. Clients like that will be a nightmare anyway as Keeley says so stay strong and the lovely clients will come! ( and they will appreciate your service)

Try Angel single drawn the quality and price is really good x

Try Angel single drawn the quality and price is really good x
Do you mean angel remy? I can’t find a supplier called angel x

Don’t risk any really cheap brands because it’ll bite you in the arse afterwards. There’s loads of mid range suppliers which are good x

I would recommend having a look around, as there are some great big brands that have very low prices! My supplier allows me to add a good mark-up and still offer cheap prices!x

Latest posts

Back