Hair Extension help!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aya

Reaction score
Hi there, I have recently been looking into the balmain double hair extension and I wondered how the hair extensions are applied? Because I don't know how bonds can be applied with wefts? Is it done with single hair as well?

I am not thinking of applying them, I just want too know how they are done. Because my friend who is qualified as not told me how they are done and I am very reluctant to have them done without knowing the method of the extensions.

Thanks!!:)

Hi the double hair is basically 2 wefts of hair one above the other. They are a lot nicer to wear because you don't have to have so many bonds. The hair is on a strip that you can pull fine strands of your own hair through then bond it to a piece on the extension. One half of the weft is clipped up and a strand of your own hair is pulled through the seam then bonded with a piece from the lower weft. This means fewer bonds and much quicker application. They also sell them with a clip so you can clip them in yourself. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Hi dreamhair thank you very much for your help that really helped thank you :). Due to going too a salon that does extensions that was not qualified :mad:however at the time I did not realize that they was not qualified. My hair has gone very fine and thin will this method damage my hair?

Hi, as long as you check out that the extensionist has a good qualifications are insured, and have quite a bit of experience in hair extensions
then there should be no damage caused at all to your hair with any type of methods used :hug:

Latest posts

Back