Hair extension insurance help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KayleighDykes

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm trained with Oakley academy in hair extensions however I have no qualifications in hairdressing itself.
I'm struggling to find any insurance to cover this and was wondering what peoples suggestions would be for me?

I have looked on compare the market for public liability but unsure of if this will actually cover me for hair extensions etc? I chose the hairdressing and then hair extension fitting option but would like to make sure.

Any help would be amazing!

Hiya,

Try insurance Octopus, I’ve recently took out a policy with them and I’m only qualified in extensions. I double and triple checked to make sure that it covered me without being qualified in Hair dressing and they confirmed ok :) only £55 for the year too xx

Hiya,

Try insurance Octopus, I’ve recently took out a policy with them and I’m only qualified in extensions. I double and triple checked to make sure that it covered me without being qualified in Hair dressing and they confirmed ok :) only £55 for the year too xx

Amazing thank you, do you think I will have any problems registering as self employed if I also have a 9-5 Monday-Friday job? xx

I also trained with Oakley & got insured through ABT insurance, I'm not a qualified hairdresser either xx

I also trained with Oakley & got insured through ABT insurance, I'm not a qualified hairdresser either xx

ABT won’t let me quote because I’m not holding a hairdressing qualification, did you call them up or do it online?xx

I did it all online & everythings been approved I have my insurance certs etc.. if not I know that oakley recommend towergate insurance?
the oakley courses are accredited by abt so im confused as to why they wouldn't insure you?xx

I did it all online & everythings been approved I have my insurance certs etc.. if not I know that oakley recommend towergate insurance?
the oakley courses are accredited by abt so im confused as to why they wouldn't insure you?xx

Well I tried to quote and when I got to qualifications section a message came up saying I’d have to try again so I emailed and had a reply saying they’re unable to do this without a hairdressing qualification as well, but if you can then I’ll ring them and see what they say!

You need to phone them because the rules may have changed.

Amazing thank you, do you think I will have any problems registering as self employed if I also have a 9-5 Monday-Friday job? xx
No this won’t affect your insurance :) I’m the same xx

Hiya,

Thanks for this information I m sure a lot of hair extensionists will find this useful as Abt have definately changed the rules for certain applcatioms without notification so if anyone has applied for imsurance online they may not be covered by them.

They wont insure her because she is not a hairdresser and has not got a hairdressing certificate.they have changed heir rules.

They wont insure her because she is not a hairdresser and has not got a hairdressing certificate.they have changed heir rules.
I’ve only just taken out my policy with them, I did it over the phone and checked that I would be covered without a Hair dressing qualification- they confirmed 100% that I was xx

Hi , Our courses are accredited by ABT and I hadnt received any information to say this had changed so I have called them and as long as you have an accredited qualification in the system/treatment you are providing they will insure you ...ie they wont cover you for nano ring fitting if you have only completed a weft training etc regardless of wether you are a qualified hairdresser or not :)

I have Insurance with ABT, when you set up your insurance with them the ask for copies of all your certificates even if you set it up online and they wont accept your application until they have these and they are approved. You dont have to have a Hairdressing qual, although i do, but you do need accredited qualifations for each service you offer. I also do nails and have a NVQ level 3 but also needed a seperate gel polish accredited qual to offer that.
You can also call them if you’re unsure they are really helpful

Latest posts

Back