Hair Extension nightmare- please help me!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lor7007

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Am looking for some advice please.
I had my hair cut on Sat (too short!) i hated it and decided to get hair extensions. I rushed in to it a bit as i was so unhappy about my hair and had hair extensions out in on tues. I spoke to the girl beforehand and explained i didnt know much about them and that i would go with what she thought was best. Iasked her if she cut them in afterwards etc, in which she said yes.
She quoted me a price of £350 and would come to my home to do it.

When she arrived she said she would be using micro rings(?- small plastic rings) she didnt have the right hair but would cut down the hair with adhesive on the end and use this.

She put it in and asked me how long i wanted it, i stated to my collar bone, she basically held it in a clump and hacked at it! I thought she was just doing this to get rid of the bulk of the hair and then was going to blend it in but no she was done! Unfortunalty she didnt do it in front of a mirror so i paid her the money (cash) and she left.

I looked at my hair after and was shocked!It was all different lengths and looked a mess! I thought ill straughten it and it'll me ok! No! I rang all the local hairdressers to get an appointment straight away for them to trim it.

They were shocked at it and said that they seem too high and were sticking up and out rather than lying flat, they cut it as best as they could (£28) and suggested i phone her and ask her to move them down as i wasnt happy.

I did this and she said she would get back to me.

I washed and dried it myself and managed to get it to lie flatter but it still looked awful, you could see my short hair line underneath, the top sections of hair was really full and they ends sparse.

I spoke to the lady and said that i wasnt happy with my hair, it now looked to sparse and i would like some money back to help towards all the costs i was incurring. She said she would refund £30!

I went to another salon as it really needed fixing. They were shocked at the way it had been in (although they dont use this method) they said it seemed to high and too tight and they couldnt do anything to help until it was out. The lady in question said she would remove the for £60 plus £50 travel cost!

I need them out and need them putting in properly but i cannot afford to have them out or pay again. Where do i stand?

She said to email "head office" but the website said the company was set up in 2006 by this person so im presuming emailing "head office" would surely be her!

Please help me somebody i cant stop crying!:cry::cry:

How awful for you, Under the sale of goods act the goods such be fit for purpose and the extensions as you describe them are not. I would ring citizens advice to see where you stand and once you are armed with your rights ring the lady back and demand a full refund.

Oh dear I do feel for you.
I'm wondering if perhaps your hair was too short for extensions hence why she didn't go with the micro rings and bonded them instead. Hair should be at least 8cm long really to achieve a natural look at the length you wanted - collar bone. The bonds will go flatter as you sleep on them and they will relax a little, but as far as putting them in too high, again i guess this is because there was little to work on above the nape of your neck. As far as cutting them in - is she a trained hairstylist? as its not a requirement on some courses and maybe she wasn't sure how to style it! You have received very poor customer service and you should speak to her about how you feel, she maybe able to fix this situ for you.

I do hair extensions but this is not my main line of business, there are some really good hair extension geeks on here and i hope you receive feedback from them over the next few hours. You can always do a search in Hair geek forum and go through threads given to others.

Good luck
Lisa

I have pm'd you a message please take a look

Is the head office registered as a company or is there a named person you can speak to.

Have pm'd you back thanks x

I have emailed cab and am really hoping they can help. My hair was an inverted bob(?) longer on one side shorter on the other if that helps!

I dont know if she is a trained hairdresser, i presumed that with me asking her if she was able to cut them in she knew what she doing. I would have prebooked a hair appt if i know how she was going to leave it!

I think it could be the micro ring method that you have and if so then the extensions wont lay flat if not fitted correctly and they will look like a 'ponytail' effect, they have probably been fitted to near to the scalp aswell. Do they hurt you in any way?

They pull yes, and it hurts to lie down on them!

Hair ext should never hurt. You should only be aware of the extra weight of hair. Trading standards would be your best first port of call. Photograph all your evidence then please go to a reputable salon and get them removed before they give you traction alopecia.

Hi everyone,
Am looking for some advice please.
I had my hair cut on Sat (too short!) i hated it and decided to get hair extensions. I rushed in to it a bit as i was so unhappy about my hair and had hair extensions out in on tues. I spoke to the girl beforehand and explained i didnt know much about them and that i would go with what she thought was best. Iasked her if she cut them in afterwards etc, in which she said yes.
She quoted me a price of £350 and would come to my home to do it.

When she arrived she said she would be using micro rings(?- small plastic rings) she didnt have the right hair but would cut down the hair with adhesive on the end and use this.

She put it in and asked me how long i wanted it, i stated to my collar bone, she basically held it in a clump and hacked at it! I thought she was just doing this to get rid of the bulk of the hair and then was going to blend it in but no she was done! Unfortunalty she didnt do it in front of a mirror so i paid her the money (cash) and she left.

I looked at my hair after and was shocked!It was all different lengths and looked a mess! I thought ill straughten it and it'll me ok! No! I rang all the local hairdressers to get an appointment straight away for them to trim it.

They were shocked at it and said that they seem too high and were sticking up and out rather than lying flat, they cut it as best as they could (£28) and suggested i phone her and ask her to move them down as i wasnt happy.

I did this and she said she would get back to me.

I washed and dried it myself and managed to get it to lie flatter but it still looked awful, you could see my short hair line underneath, the top sections of hair was really full and they ends sparse.

I spoke to the lady and said that i wasnt happy with my hair, it now looked to sparse and i would like some money back to help towards all the costs i was incurring. She said she would refund £30!

I went to another salon as it really needed fixing. They were shocked at the way it had been in (although they dont use this method) they said it seemed to high and too tight and they couldnt do anything to help until it was out. The lady in question said she would remove the for £60 plus £50 travel cost!

I need them out and need them putting in properly but i cannot afford to have them out or pay again. Where do i stand?

She said to email "head office" but the website said the company was set up in 2006 by this person so im presuming emailing "head office" would surely be her!

Please help me somebody i cant stop crying!:cry::cry:

i would recommend that you buy some micro ring removal pliers, they dead cheap and dead easy to use, plus it removes hair without damage so the hair can be reused :)

Micro Ring Removal Pliers

Hi
I've just read your message and was wondering if you have got your hair sorted out now? I could probably help if you still need it as I am only down the road, feel free to pm me.

Emma x

Latest posts

Back