Hair extension nightmare

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lulupoo12345

Reaction score
Hi some advise from Hair Extension technitionwould be really appreciated please xxx,
So I am offering 100% Remy Human Hair to my clients and was looking for models. I found a model with blonde broken damaged hair, I wanted to make her feel amazing so there I went and matched and ordered the hair booked her in the next day.
Upon fitting the tape was so weak I had to replace it all with my own tape, that was all fine. The hair was slightly yellow compare to her white blonde hair so I advised we will put a toner on. I curled it she was happy and off she went.

I got I’ll with my asthma so couldn’t do her toner so she brought a purple shampoo used it the colour was perfect!

1 week later I ask her how she’s getting on and she tells me it’s so dry she’s been crying.

I asked her to come in for me to have a look, she said she would but couldn’t get a lift so another Week later she tells me she is very unhappy with how dry it is and also tells me she has USED NO CONDITIONER the whole time? Whilst straightening it too!

I guessed this was why they had got so dry ?? I asked her to come in again for a treatment but said I will have to charge £10 to cover salon costs (treatment cut and blow dry ) is normally £25.
She ignored me and apparently went to another 2 hair dressers who told her the hair was fake , removed it and put new ones in.

Please help I don’t know where this has gone wrong The company is clip hair I have used them for 2 years and never any problems.

I wouldn’t even think about it since she’s gone elsewhere. Is there something specific you’re wanting advice on? You done what you could, I’d move on from it. Perhaps look into other suppliers for tapes though if you had to replace the tape.

I would like some advice and other experiences really on why the hair could of dried out so quick x

Blonde hair extensions are highly processed and need much more maintenance and aftercare than the darker colours. It sounds like the client didnt follow aftercare as extensions need some form of oil, protien spray or leave in conditioner quite often if not daily, extensions do not generate their own oil hence why you need to put that in to maintain. I tell my clients to use argon oil if not allergic and works wonders. Hopefully i havnt rambled as its first thing in the morning from a sleepless night

Purple shampoo is a big no no for extensions, they contain bleaching agents which ruin them. This came from the suppliers i use. I had a similar experience where the client used silver shampoo twice and it broke down the keritan bond in her nanos and ruined all of them. Because she used the silver shampoo the company wouldnt stand over them

Purple shampoo can really dry the hair out. If hers was dry why on earth would she not use conditioner?? Her aftercare sounds like the issue. [emoji31]

I use purple shampoo a lot to tone down extensions but they do need conditioning and looking after, I always inform my clients that once I do this and they use it it will affect the condition of the hair, I’ve never had any issues though. Oil, conditioners, heat sprays etc definatly need to be used

Only had bad experiences with clip hair :/ not good quality hair

If the hair is that dry to start off with I would have suggested to send back to the supplier to be tested

Some clients really think they know everything and it’s very frustrating.
On all consultation appointments my clients always sign a form to say that they will take my advice on aftercare etc ( saves yourself if your client started to get funny ideas because she ruined the hair)

It’s very sad that some salons really LOVE to put other hairdressers down saying it’s fake hair, it’s awful but again the client could just be making the story sound worse.

I would say just get on with it you will always have these sort of people trying to put you down in the hair industry.

Defo find a new supplier I would recommend Remi Cachet, hair rehab London or euphoria one

As for after care ALWAYS recommend them products.

Here are some products that work miracles for hair extensions, ALL my clients use and their hair always looks amazing even if they have used the cheaper range hair!

Best of luck and a happy new year

Some clients really think they know everything and it’s very frustrating.
On all consultation appointments my clients always sign a form to say that they will take my advice on aftercare etc ( saves yourself if your client started to get funny ideas because she ruined the hair)

It’s very sad that some salons really LOVE to put other hairdressers down saying it’s fake hair, it’s awful but again the client could just be making the story sound worse.

I would say just get on with it you will always have these sort of people trying to put you down in the hair industry.

Defo find a new supplier I would recommend Remi Cachet, hair rehab London or euphoria one

As for after care ALWAYS recommend them products.

Here are some products that work miracles for hair extensions, ALL my clients use and their hair always looks amazing even if they have used the cheaper range hair!

Best of luck and a happy new year
WHats the aftercare range you recommend? Xx

WHats the aftercare range you recommend? Xx

I use my own brand for hair extension aftercare because there wasn’t much shampoo designed for hair extensions - called CYHAIR ( CYHAIR_ on insta )

Other than that I would defo recommend sulphate free shampoo & repair and breakage control , Argon oil, tangle teezer etc

Latest posts

Back