Hair extension payments

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoveLocksx

Reaction score
Girls and guys how do you take your payments?? At the moment I take cash go to the bank pay it in then order the hair. Hassle right? But I need the money to pay for the hair so it needs to be some kinda instant payment. I'm home based or mobile x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

I offer cash and also Paypal. I like Paypal especially for Deposits as I think it makes the client feel a bit more secure handing it over as they are protected for 45 days I think.

I was looking at the new PayPal mobile card reader thingy. I think I may invest at some point.

PayPal is good for those wanting to pay on credit card. Some ladies might not have the cash up front but can pay it off that when they decide! Only prob with PayPal is the fees, but I tend to add this onto their cost.

I offer cash and also Paypal. I like Paypal especially for Deposits as I think it makes the client feel a bit more secure handing it over as they are protected for 45 days I think.

I was looking at the new PayPal mobile card reader thingy. I think I may invest at some point.

PayPal is good for those wanting to pay on credit card. Some ladies might not have the cash up front but can pay it off that when they decide! Only prob with PayPal is the fees, but I tend to add this onto their cost.

Ah I didn't know there was fees what's the fee chick can you mail me some info x

Apparently PayPal here (mobile card reader) isn't available in the UK yet :( I was looking to get one. Is there another type of PayPal card reader as I've seen a few posts with people who have them? I would like a card reader I can get one from my bank but 10 days is a long transaction period. Although I guess the PayPal one will be a little quicker? Xx

Wait clicked on the wrong thing, it is available :) lol. Upfront charge then percentage... Doesn't sound too bad to be honest! May look into it a bit more and invest. Will add the percentage on top though I reckon. As most of mine are cash. Does anyone know if it transfers the funds instantly? Xxx

Wait clicked on the wrong thing, it is available :) lol. Upfront charge then percentage... Doesn't sound too bad to be honest! May look into it a bit more and invest. Will add the percentage on top though I reckon. As most of mine are cash. Does anyone know if it transfers the funds instantly? Xxx

I want something but I don't wanna have a monthly few. Locks of love what you doing at the moment for payment

Cash and bank transfer. Want a card machine though! Don't want ones with monthly fee's and don't want ones that take ages to put the money in your account. The Paypal here looks good. Although it doesn't mention the waiting time :( only have to pay a one off fee then a percentage for each transaction. I wouldn't mind paying monthly fees if it was going to be popular but I can only see a few here and there as no one has ever asked me before for card payments. It's good for people who want to pay on their credit card. I did used to accept cheques but I did a ladies and it bounced and never heard from her again! So have that idea up and now started only taking solid payments and deposits. If they want to pay by transfur it had to credit to my account before the application so I'm covered xxx

Cash and bank transfer. Want a card machine though! Don't want ones with monthly fee's and don't want ones that take ages to put the money in your account. The Paypal here looks good. Although it doesn't mention the waiting time :( only have to pay a one off fee then a percentage for each transaction. I wouldn't mind paying monthly fees if it was going to be popular but I can only see a few here and there as no one has ever asked me before for card payments. It's good for people who want to pay on their credit card. I did used to accept cheques but I did a ladies and it bounced and never heard from her again! So have that idea up and now started only taking solid payments and deposits. If they want to pay by transfur it had to credit to my account before the application so I'm covered xxx

I get ya. I'd just rather the deposit into my bank such a wasted journey when the deposit is cash and I have to drag my 5 month old to just the bank :(

I assume the PayPal machine would be the same as when you get money using normal PayPal. It clears in your PayPal account straight away and then you can withdraw it to your bank account straight away and it credits instantly using the faster Payments service. Might not be - but would hope it followed the normal PayPal route

Just noticed it says transaction can't be over £150. I suppose if you do a deposit and then the balance at the fitting it would be ok

Just noticed it says transaction can't be over £150. I suppose if you do a deposit and then the balance at the fitting it would be ok

I don't want a machine I just wanted something straight forward x tht didn't really cost lol

I think it would be fairly straight forward. It says £99 up front plus 2.75% per transaction. So for a £150 transaction it would cost £4.13 in fees to eBay. Not too bad. Using Paypal as normal costs 3.4%.

I've got an izettle device. Got it free through huddlebuy. Charges 2.75% though. And can take a week to clear. AND they use their own smartphone to follow a link to do it. There is a chip n pin one but costs about £75-100 :(

I have a home salon, i have a card machine and my payments go in the bank overnight and are there next day, I can use the deposit taken to pay the supplier.

I pay a monthly fee and have got a good deal on the 3 year contract. My terminal is mobile, I carry it n my bag in case someone wants to pay over phone.

I have a home salon, i have a card machine and my payments go in the bank overnight and are there next day, I can use the deposit taken to pay the supplier.

I pay a monthly fee and have got a good deal on the 3 year contract. My terminal is mobile, I carry it n my bag in case someone wants to pay over phone.

I'm just using bank transfers at the moment just hope it is safe x

Which card machine is that if you don't mind me asking? Xx

Girls and guys how do you take your payments?? At the moment I take cash go to the bank pay it in then order the hair. Hassle right? But I need the money to pay for the hair so it needs to be some kinda instant payment. I'm home based or mobile x

This goes hand in hand with running a business I'm afraid, if your starting up a proper business surely you should have funds in place to start up anyway?
Do you ask for the whole amount upfront?

This goes hand in hand with running a business I'm afraid, if your starting up a proper business surely you should have funds in place to start up anyway?

No... The deposit to cover the hair. I'm sure I'm not the only one who does it this way.

Also I'm just starting. Why do I need funds in place? Ppl pay me deposit to cover the hair cost it gets paid to me I order it and then outstanding balance gets paid at fitting

Also I'm just starting. Why do I need funds in place? Ppl pay me deposit to cover the hair cost it gets paid to me I order it and then outstanding balance gets paid at fitting

I do the same. I keep my business and private money totally separate. I take hair money up front to cover these costs and then the money on fitting is mine, and pay it into my account accordingly. It's probably not the easiest way but hey ho. Lol :) xxxx

Latest posts

Back