Hair extension price list

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChristieB

Reaction score
Hi!

Newly qualified only had a handful of clients however as I was looking for models to start out these were a case of just pay hair etc..

How much do people tend to charge on top of the hair cost. I’m using Indian, Brazilian and Russian from a couple suppliers however I’m not sure how much I should be adding on as a fitting charge on top of the price of hair?

I’ve tried to have a look at other people’s price lists around me but not everyone has them up and others are very well established hair dressers with a higher price?

Hi there. It is tricky and as you’re newly qualified I guess u want to do a discounted rate for ‘models’ yes? Work out how much u want /need per hour and start from there. Don’t forget to add costs such as travel if you’re mobile and the little expenses. It all adds up once u work it out. Don’t compromise though. If it’s too cheap people will think they are getting an inferior service. Not sure if this is helpful but good luck! X

Thanks! Yeah would like to do a lower rate as I am newly qualified and yeah I’m mobile so there is travel costs, just not sure what’s a standard guideline to add on without undercutting other salons but still not over charging people? X

Hey, I always charge by the hour after that. It’s your pay at the end of the day. So say someone’s hair cost £200 for example and you need to think about petrol in top, that’s £10 say and then the time it takes you to put them in. Say 4 hours? You need to work out how much money you would be making elsewhere for the 4hours you are with this client. Because you are newly qualified I would say charge £20 to put in. So that’s £80 for 4 hours plus your £10 for petrol. That’s £90 you would make off that client x

Hope any of that made sense x

That’s great thanks love! X

Sound advice [emoji1360][emoji1360] also don’t be worried about undercutting salon prices. They have much bigger overheads so of course will be more expensive than you.

Sound advice [emoji1360][emoji1360] also don’t be worried about undercutting salon prices. They have much bigger overheads so of course will be more expensive than you.
Thanks!

Latest posts

Back