hair extension problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muggle

Reaction score
hi guys, would really appriciate any advise you can give me..... i have jus recently had hair extensions put in, i normally have the stitched in ones but my boss in the at the hair salon i work in put me some bonded ones in. i have had them in for about 4 weeks now, but i have jus seen a big crusty red spot (yuck!) on the side of my head which has been causing me pain all day. my boyfriend jus checked all over my head and i have lots!! could this be the glue doing this or can it be coincidence as i have also changed alot of my products that i use on my hair.
i really dont want to have them out as i love them, but i also dont want my hair to all fall out!! :cry:

Hi,

It sounds like tension spots. These occur when the ext. have been fitted too square as opposed to a triangle shape. Also if the ext. has been bonded in too close to the root. Sometimes they just happen, some people are prone, or during the settling down period. if its just happening to you after 4 weeks and you never experienced any pain or tension spots before this, I would hazard a guess at poor application.

If you have numerous tension spots I would personally remove them, leave your scalp to heal then have them re-fitted. It will cause hair loss at the tension spot area, so get them removed asap :)

Hi,

It sounds like tension spots. These occur when the ext. have been fitted too square as opposed to a triangle shape. Also if the ext. has been bonded in too close to the root. Sometimes they just happen, some people are prone, or during the settling down period. if its just happening to you after 4 weeks and you never experienced any pain or tension spots before this, I would hazard a guess at poor application.

If you have numerous tension spots I would personally remove them, leave your scalp to heal then have them re-fitted. It will cause hair loss at the tension spot area, so get them removed asap :)

Hi Most definitely agree with sophisticutz advice , please let us know what you do ? x

i have had them in for about 4 weeks now, but i have jus seen a big crusty red spot (yuck!) on the side of my head which has been causing me pain all day. my boyfriend jus checked all over my head and i have lots!! could this be the glue doing this or can it be coincidence as i have also changed alot of my products that i use on my hair.

Are the red spots where each extension is attached?
It could be your hair products also. Tension from the extensions will leave the scalp in a vulnerable state and then to apply a product that you may be sensitive to will irritate it more.

Latest posts

Back