Hair extension problems, please help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KobellaSaffy

Reaction score
Hi guys I really need help I had a client with a short ish thick cut hair style and a brown colour hair, at a colour match I matched her hair to the colour and she mentioned the colour keeps fading quite a bit and she wanted 22" inch micro loops I explained that that length is very long for what style she has currently so she will need atleast 200 if not more strands, and I went to her with 150 strands the other day with a view of coming back another day if not enough. Well I got to appointment and her hair had faded ALOT! however I said I can put a lighter colour through the top as the bottom layers were still dark and matched nicely but the top was very light!! Using 150 strands I didn't manage to get through the whole head so I am coming back in a few days to fit the rest, I curled her hair as I said it makes it less obvious for her for the next few days to try and hide the difference of it not blending. She has text me this morning complaining ans she had already washed and straightened it and I only fitted yesterday! saying she doesn't think another 50+ strands will help, I said her hair cut will need blending in and I will do my best but how can I fix this problem even by adding another 50 strands as I feel I will still have the thick line of her natural hair.. PLEASE HELP

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    728.5 KB · Views: 128
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    573.8 KB · Views: 93
This was the picture she sent me this morning :( I feel awful xxxx help!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    194.6 KB · Views: 109
When someones hair is really thick it is best to leave a gap of approx 3-4 rows in the mid section at the back of the head. This way you could still do a fitting of 150strands (depending on the thickness of the strands) and the hair you fit at the top of the head will fall over the thick line. You would also need to 'chip in' to the straight edge of the clients hair to break up their natural hair line. For the sides, I would remove them and refit by starting from the top down :) Hope this helps

You could always fit shorter extensions towards the top too to create a natural layered effect and reduce cutting

Her hair looks quite thick, belle trading recommended for customers with super thick hair to get there hair thinned slightly before the extensions go in. Something to consider when doing a consultation xx

I'd use thinning scissors and thin out the layer of her hair xx

I agree you'll need more than an extra 50 strands, on thick hair you can afford to go a couple of rows higher than on someone with finer hair, lots of chipping in to her layers and slicing, and putting some shape around the front will help blend her natural in x

I
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1476714692.948737.jpg
m getting this photo when I click your attachment. Somehow I don't think this is you hair extension client lol

Thanks for all your help guys! I will definitely try that in the future thanks so much xxxx

If you are still struggling with this after following any of the advice given dont hesitate to contact us and we will do our best to talk you through placement and spacing

Latest posts

Back