Hair extension question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xsasix

Reaction score
My lady had a full head of extension a couple of weeks ago and she said her scalp is really itchy....is this normal? Is there something she could use ? Before she has them taken out x

what type of Extensions? if glue involved did u do a skin test? Could have an allergy to the glue. Although itching is common with individual extension but should be excessive as to affect you much.

Sometimes caused by bonds being to close to the scalp x

Have you looked at the scalp yourself?

Is there any redness or lumps?

Is she washing her hair correctly and rinsing the product well enough? Some clients find this part a little difficult and that itself can cause itching x

it is quite normal and is the scalp adjusting, and should subside within a few days if it continues and dosent go or there are other signs ie red bumps etc then the extensions may need removing - ive had a few clients say about the itchy stage! and normally goes after a few days

Yes are pre bonded from lush-us I'm going to give them a ring in the morning but yeah she thinks it's from the washing them herself thank u for replying

Also I didn't know you had to skin test ...if she has reacted do I have to give a refund

Also I didn't know you had to skin test ...if she has reacted do I have to give a refund

You don't have to skin test hun don't panic, the glue isn't on the scalp. My head itches when I first have them, think its quite normal. Sometimes it can be the loose hair trapped in the bonds after a few weeks, but I've also had a few clients not get on with the extension aftercare for that reason.

Never heard of a skin test before...

you dont have to skin test for keratin, though you should have placed in a few in the consultation to see if her scalp got on with them (if its too sensitive for example) ...of course if the itching doesnt subside within the next week i'd take them out free of charge so she doesnt have any further scalp issues

Hi and thanks for the advice ...I've just tsken them out and her own hair and scalp is now fine ...it was defiantly the aftercare clients just don't realise there hard to look after....
Any advice on remvsl as I found it a messy job with the r.removal oil and tool ...my hands actually really hurting from applying the pressure to crush the bonds ( might also be down to the fact I've worked 12 hours today )

Balmain removal gun x

Balmain removal gun x

how does it work? do you fill it with remover and it does the crushing for you? im not balmain trained so please forgive my ignorance x

You fill it with their special remover and then you put the bond in a little ridge and you press a button that releases a bit of the remover and also an ultra violet light that together help break the bond when you "pull the trigger" and crush it.

You fill it with their special remover and then you put the bond in a little ridge and you press a button that releases a bit of the remover and also an ultra violet light that together help break the bond when you "pull the trigger" and crush it.

that sounds awesome and defo time saving.... might need to make the investment! x

Thank you ladies ...I'll defo get one of these ...my hands still hurting lol x

Latest posts

Back