Hair extension rant

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sare24

Reaction score
Hey guys :)

So I've been trying to promote my new business by advertising that I will provide free fitting of hair extensions but the client just needs to pay for the hair that will be £90-£150 depending on the thickness and length. I've had a few people message me for information but then they decide that they can't afford and they tell me that they've seen hair that's cheaper on other websites. So I explain that hair doesn't come cheap and some hair isn't what is advertised.

I'm just thinking to myself, if they can't afford to pay £90-£150 for the hair then how are they going to afford the aftercare & maintenance?

Annoying...

This has happened to me it's really frustrating. I've eventually managed to get 2 clients with free fitting and they chose to have a cheaper type hair. I would prefer to use better quality but people just don't want to pay. I just want to get started but it's so hard when there are people out there using really cheap hair and undercutting on cost. If I have paying customers I will be recommending the better quality hair. It's just getting the customers that is hard [emoji16] xx

The worse thing is the clients who want super cheap hair are also the ones that expect it to last 6 months and longer... And will make your life a misery when that doesn't happen!

My advise is if you are living in an area where people are just super tight and don't want to spend, maybe offer a free consultation where you can tell them maybe how much hair they need and a rough colour guide and let them go and buy it them selves... Make it clear you charge for the fitting but won't take responsibility for the hair... If anyone wants you to get the hair then you buy the good stuff and charge accordingly... Or change career [emoji6]

People who want cheap or free, can't afford the upkeep of extensions.... This may sound a bit rude, and I'm not a rude person at all, but in my experience these types of people only cause you trouble anyway.... £150 for hair is cheap, and anyone wanting less is probably not going to be the sort of walking advert you would want.... I know this sounds awful but I'm just saying x

People who want cheap or free, can't afford the upkeep of extensions.... This may sound a bit rude, and I'm not a rude person at all, but in my experience these types of people only cause you trouble anyway.... £150 for hair is cheap, and anyone wanting less is probably not going to be the sort of walking advert you would want.... I know this sounds awful but I'm just saying x
Completely agree! [emoji119]

This is so true !

I've had a lot of new customers in the past that want the highest quality hair for the cheaper price tag, you really do get what you pay for when it comes to hair extensions, if you want the hair to last a long time and stay in amazing condition you would think a lot of clients would go for the highest quality but I do find that most are always more in interested in the lower grade.

I offer two grades of hair and I now down play the lowest grade and try to put customers off going for it so at least if they aren't 100% happy with it they have had the full information and lifespan details prior to fitting.. saying that though I still have a large amount of clients that are very happy with the lower quality, I know it's horrible but it's usually very easy to spot the ones that are going to cause you agg. Xx

I agree with all of the above. I really don't want to use cheap hair as it will reflect badly on me! So if clients "can't afford" to pay for the hair then so be it as they probably won't afford the maintenance anyway!

Latest posts

Back